Do you enjoy having a picnic in the summer with family and friends? We LOVE eating outdoors in the summer time. Its so nice to be outdoors and the summers in Utah are perfect! We also love not having to heat up the kitchen with baking and usually try to find cooler dinner and lunch options.
We love making Italian Sub Sandwiches and they make the perfect picnic lunch or dinner! They are easy to transport and don’t make a big mess…perfect picnic food!
With Memorial Day and the Fourth of July coming, these are perfect holidays to have a picnic with your friends and family. Today I am not only sharing the recipe for these Italian Sub Sandwiches, I am also teaming up with 9 other bloggers who are also sharing some perfect picnic recipes.
Italian Sub Sandwiches
Leaf lettuce, rinsed and torn
Red onion, sliced
Drizzle of olive oil
Drizzle of white wine vinegar
Pinch of Garlic, chopped
Pinch of Basil
Pinch of dried oregano
Capicola sausage, sliced
Genoa salami, sliced
- In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, tomatoes and onion. In a separate bowl, whisk together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, parsley, garlic, basil, red pepper flakes and oregano. Pour over the salad, and toss to coat evenly.
- Spread the submarine rolls open, and layer the capicola, salami, prosciutto, and provolone cheese evenly on each roll. Top with some of the salad, and as many pickle slices as desired. Close the rolls and serve.
- Makes enough for two sandwiches…double recipe for four sandwiches.
Be sure to check out these other fun picnic ideas!
10 Perfect Picnic Recipes
- Lighter Broccoli Salad by Mom Endeavors
- Caprese Pasta Salad by See Vanessa Craft
- Strawberry Mason Jar Cake by A Night Owl Blog
- Brussel Sprout And Orzo Picnic Salad by Spaceships & Laserbeams
- Cheese And Sausage Kolache by Ashlee Marie
- Antipasto Skewers by Two Twenty One
- Cheesecake In A Jar by Happiness is Homemade
- Orange Fruit Dip by Play Party Plan
- Apple Pecan Coleslaw by Strawberry Mommycakes
- Italian Sandwiches by The Idea Room
Yum! They look SO good! Which of these tasty picnic ideas would you like to try first?
Be sure to follow the #CreativeFoodies tag for great themed recipes each month! Last month, we shared some awesome Mexican food recipes!