Make these adorable and refreshing lime scented cactus soaps! We are sharing an easy Melt and Pour Soap Tutorial so you can make your own handmade soap, which are easy and fun gift ideas!
Hi there! I’m Lydi and you can find me crafting, cooking and partying most days over at Lydi Out Loud. I’m so excited to be hopping over to share this darling DIY Lime Cactus Soap recipe at The Idea Room today! Along with pineapples, I can never get enough cacti! They’re just so cute, aren’t they?! When I found these cactus ice pop molds I knew right away that they were going to need to come home with me and become soaps!
MELT AND POUR SOAP
I am using a melt and pour soap base to make these handmade soaps. Melt and pour soap is a ready-made soap base composed of fatty acids, glycerin, and other natural ingredients. It is such an easy way to make DIY Soap Recipes without all of the hassle of going through the soap making process…all the hard work is done for you!
DIY Lime Cactus Soap Recipe
Soap Making Supplies
- Cactus mold (Target Dollar Spot find!)
- Melt and pour soap base (I use shea butter)
- Microwave-safe glass measuring cup
- Green colorant
- Lime essential oil (or other scent of your choice)
Directions for Making Soap
- The melt and pour soap base is incredibly easy to use, it’s scored so it’s easy to cut off just the amount that you’ll need to create your lime cactus soap.
- For the size of my soap mold I used 1 ½ of the scored blocks.
- Cut soap base into smaller cubes and place into a microwave safe measuring cup (or some kind of cup with a pour spout).
- Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring in between intervals until fully melted.
- Add colorant and lime essential oil.
- If you are also using an ice pop mold, insert the popsicle sticks just slightly into the mold to prevent the soap from leaking out.
- Slowly pour the soap base into the mold.
- I decided to create a little color variation with my lime cactus soap so after pouring 2 of them, I added a little more colorant to make the 3rd soap a darker green.
- Allow to set for 20 – 30 minutes, slide out the popsicle sticks and then peel back the mold to pop out your lime cactus soap!
These would make such fun gifts or party favors… if you can part with them, that is. ;)
What scent would you make your cactus soaps? Thanks so much for having me today, Amy!
OTHER HANDMADE SOAP RECIPES
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.
Leave a Reply