Whip up some of these fun Rainbow Pancakes on a stick for St. Patrick’s Day this year. Aren’t they fun? We don’t use a lot of food coloring at our house…because I try to stay away from extra chemicals and preservatives. But every once in a while I relax up a bit and let the kids be kids.
My kids were so excited to see these and thought they tasted like the best pancakes ever! They are just regular Buttermilk Pancakes…but I guess the fun presentation added to their culinary experience! Haha!
I simply whipped up our favorite Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe and then separated the pancake batter into 6 different bowls. Then added just a couple drops of food coloring to each bowl so that I had bowls or red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple pancake batter. Then simply use a spoon to pour a small amount of batter onto your hot griddle to make some bite-size pancakes. Try making them all the same size so that they stack easily on your wooden skewer. Serve with a small bowl of syrup so the kids can dip the pancakes in the syrup and eat them right off of the skewer.
1 1/3 cup flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 large egg
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
food coloring in rainbow colors
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
- Separate batter into 6 different bowls.
- Color each bowl of batter each color of the rainbow.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour about 14 cup of pancake batter onto skillet for each pancake.. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes.
Looking for some other fun Rainbow Ideas? Check out these past Idea Room posts!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!