Share some happiness on St. Patrick’s Day with this fun breakfast idea…Rainbow Pancakes on a stick!
My kids were so excited to see these and thought they tasted like the best pancakes ever! They are just regular Buttermilk Pancakes with our favorite Buttermilk Syrup…but I guess the fun presentation added to their culinary experience! Haha!
HOW TO MAKE PANCAKES
- Simply whipped up our favorite Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe and then separated the pancake batter into 6 different bowls.
- Then added just a couple drops of food coloring to each bowl so that I had bowls or red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple pancake batter.
- Use a spoon to pour a small amount of batter onto your hot griddle to make some bite-size pancakes. Try making them all the same size so that they stack easily on your wooden skewer.
- Serve with a small bowl of syrup so the kids can dip the pancakes in the syrup and eat them right off of the skewer.
This is the perfect Buttermilk Pancake Recipe? So light and fluffy! The whole family will love these Rainbow Pancakes!
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Share Some Happiness On St. Patrick’s Day With This Fun Breakfast Idea…Rainbow Pancakes On A Stick!
- 1 1/3 cups flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2-3 drops food coloring in rainbow colors
Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a bowl.
Whisk together buttermilk, egg, butter, extracts in a small bowl. Add to dry ingredients and stir until mixed well.
Separate batter into 6 different bowls.
Color each bowl of batter each color of the rainbow.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Pour about 14 cup of pancake batter onto skillet for each pancake.. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until bottom is golden brown and edges begin to bubble, then carefully flip and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 more minutes.
We don’t use a lot of food coloring at our house…because I try to stay away from extra chemicals and preservatives. But every once in a while I relax up a bit and let the kids be kids.
Rainbows just make me feel happy! Looking for some other fun Rainbow Ideas? Check out these past Idea Room posts!
Do you give out gifts for St. Patrick’s Day? Sharing some more St.Patrick’s Day Gift Ideas below:
- St. Patrick’s Day Gift
- Leprechaun Gift
- Roll-o-Gold Gift
- St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- St. Patrick’s Day Printables
- Leprechaun Trap
- St. Patrick’s Day Crafts
- St. Patrick’s Day Ideas
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.