Looking for a fun Thanksgiving Treat to give to the kids or your friends this Thanksgiving? These Thanksgiving Turkey Treats are too cute and super easy to make. So easy the kids could make them as well if you are looking for a way to entertain them before the big day.
Made with large pretzel rods and melted chocolate, they taste pretty good too! I have shared a couple of different Turkey Treats over the years here, like these Oreo Turkeys and these Oreo Turkey Pops.
To make these, you will need the following:
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Oreo Thins (or one side of an Oreo cookie without the frosting)
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring between each time.
- Dip your Oreo Thin so that both sides are covered and place it onto some wax paper.
- Dip the top half of your pretzel rod into the melted chocolate and place it onto the Oreo (pictured below).
- Quickly place the Candy Corn around the Oreo to create the Turkey’s feathers.
- Cut a triangle piece out of a piece of Candy Corn. I cut it so that it was right out of an orange section. This will be the Turkey’s beak.
- Add two heart sprinkles to the side of the beak to make the Turkey’s wattle.
- Add the eyes. (I had trouble with the eyes sliding off…so I waited until the chocolate had hardened and then added a little dab of melted chocolate to the back of the eyes so they stick.
They can be a fun way to spend some time together with the family this Thanksgiving Holiday! Or how fun would they be as a Thanksgiving Name Place setting. Attach each guests name to the turkey treat and have it laying on their plate or to the side of their place setting.
Get creative with them! But most importantly…have fun with them!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.