Tile Mate Easily Attaches To Your Keys, Bags, Backpacks and more! Tile Mate Can Reach Up To A 200 Ft Range. Use The Tile App To Locate Lost Phones Instantly.
*This is a sponsored post on behalf of Home Depot. However all opinions are mine. I only work with companies I truly love!
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
Today I am excited to introduce you to some amazing Smart Home Devices that I have recently added to our family’s Smart Home Ecosystem. I will be sharing four items that I have been using and loving in our home over the next few weeks in partnership with Home Depot. I am excited to be working with Home Depot, where we always spend a lot of time when we are working on our home projects!
Before I introduce you to the first Smart Home Device I will be featuring today, I wanted to give you a little bit of basic background on what a Smart Home is and how it works for those of you who might need a little bit of an introduction. If you are already familiar with how Smart Homes work, you can go down to my review of the product below! There are a few different brands of Smart Home devices, and I want to introduce you to Google Smart Home, which is what we have in our home.
SMART HOME ECOSYSTEM
What is a smart home ecosystem? A lot of people start with a smart home security device or several, and sometimes graduate to more sophisticated systems.
A smart home security system connects to your Wi-Fi network so you can monitor and control your devices using your smartphone and an app. These smart home systems are compatible with many other smart home devices also in the ecosystem. This allows the user to easily manage, control, and monitor every smart device in your home no matter where you are or whenever you want.
WHAT IS GOOGLE SMART HOME?
Google Home is a brand of smart speakers developed by Google. A user is able to connect with Google Assistant which is found in Google’s smart speakers and smart displays like the Google Nest Hub Max. Google Home devices allow users to automate their home by letting users control smart home appliances with their voice.
For example Google Assistant is great for answering questions, setting timers, and playing music, but it’s also really useful for controlling your smart home devices, such as locks, lights, Google search, shopping and more.
WHAT CAN GOOGLE HOME DO?
Google Home makes life easier by helping you do things like access media, manage your tasks, and plan your day — using only your voice.
- Basic commands
- Your day (schedule, weather, to do list, daily news, traffic report, upcoming calendar items, etc.)
- Time (timers, time, math problems
- Tools (recipes, order Uber, translate words, tune an instrument, remember things, store passwords)
- Search Internet
- Shopping (place orders, track orders, shopping list, reorder items)
- Media (audiobook, play movie, Pandora, Spotify, poems, bedtime stories for kids)
- Travel (book flights, hotel, travel plans, destinations, restaurants)
- Smart Home Commands
- Phone Commands
- Broadcast messages to other Google speakers in the home
- Multilingual Home (Google Home speakers can understand two languages at once)
Okay…with that hopefully simple introduction, I wanted to share with you a new device that we are loving! If your family is anything like my family, lost keys and personal items can be a constant battle. It seems like we end up looking for items in our home more often than not. Most of the time it is a cell phone or the keys to my daughter’s car.
A popular smart home device that can be a part of your smart home ecosystem is a Tile Mate Device. If you find yourself looking for lost items often, you might want to look into getting some of these Tile Device Finders.
TILE DEVICES AVAILABLE
There are a few different types of Tile devices available depending on what items you are going to be using the device finders for.
- Sticker—The small finder that sticks to virtually anything, like small electronic devices and outdoor gear.
- Slim—The sleek finder that easily slides into wallets and passports.
- Pro—The high-performance finder that adds style and security to your high-quality things.
- Mate—The versatile finder that’s easy to attach to everyday things like keys and backpacks.
HOW TILE DEVICES WORK
- Ring your things. Use the Tile app to ring your Tile if it’s nearby. Just tap the ‘Find’ button.
- Find your phone. Double press the Tile button on your Tile to make your phone ring, even when it’s on silent.
- See it on a map. When you’re far away, you’ll see the last time and place it was updated.
- Use community find. If your Tile is truly lost, just activate the Tile community and every phone running the Tile app can help you find it.
- Use Google Assistant. Connect your Tile app to your Google Assistant and you can ask it to find your Tile keys or other items as they have been labeled in the app.
WHAT CAN TILE MATE DEVICES BE USED ON?
The items Tile devices can be used on are limitless! Really! You can use them on lots of different items. If it can get lost, you can use a Tile device to track it.
For example some more common items you can put a Tile device on are the following:
- car keys
- tv remotes
- air pods (common at our house)
- favorite stuffed animal
- school lunch bags
- kids coats
HOW TO SET UP TILE DEVICE
This entire process is very easy. Simply follow the directions below to set up your Tile Mate devices.
- First, download the Tile phone app from the Apple Store. Works on iPhone 4S devices or newer running iOS 8.
- Add a Tile Mate Device to any item that you would like to attach a Tile to.
- Download Tile from the Apple App Store, install and launch.
- Click the Get Started button to register and follow the instructions.
- Fill in your Email Address and Password to create an account.
- Tile will send you a confirmation email with an activation link. Click on the Activation link.
- All users must confirm their email address before signing-in for the first time.
- Next, place the Tile directly on top of your iOS device and match it up with the image on your screen. You’ll then receive a confirmation that you’ve successfully added your Tile!
- Give your Tile a name to easily remember what it is attached to!
WHERE CAN I BUY TILE TRACKING DEVICES?
Tile can be purchased at your local Home Depot or online from Home Depot! I have the Tile Mate Devices and have loved how easy they are to use. We literally have been able to easily find an item by simply using the Tile app to find them. It has been such a time saver on those busy hectic mornings when everyone is rushing out of the door.
So if you find yourself spending a lot of time looking for lost items, be sure to check out these Tile Devices! I think I need to get a few more and add one to the TV remote!
Be sure to stay tuned in for the other Smart Home Devices I am going to be sharing here in some upcoming posts!
What Smart Home Devices are you using in your home and loving right now?
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.