Graduation Gift

Graduation season is in full swing.  Chances are you know someone who is graduating from High School or College…or in my case…both.

Graduation-gifts

Usually I tend to revert to the old card and money gift because let’s face it…it’s easy and May is a crazy busy month at my house.  This year I wanted to come up with a similar “easy” gift, but one that was a lot more fun to give and get!

Graduation-gift-idea theidearoom.net

I made a simple cover for a Rolo candy bar to cover up the regular Rolo label.  Then before I placed the cover on the Rolo’s I folded a $20 bill and taped it carefully onto the gold foil wrapper so that it could roll up into the cover with a little end sticking out.

Graduation-gifts theidearoom.net

I thought it might be really important that the money is obviously showing so that someone eager to eat the Rolos notices the $20 before crumpling it up and throwing it out as trash.  That would not be good.

Graduation-treat theidearoom.net

Then I simply put the Graduation label over the Rolos.  Then I made a simple little Graduation Cap and added it onto the top of the Rolos.  Tie a little ribbon around the Rolos in the color of the Graduates school.

Graduation-gift-idea theidearoom.net

To download a copy of the Rolo labels click on the link below:

{Graduation Rolo Gift Labels}

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.

graduation-gift-card theidearoom.net

To make the Graduation cap all you need to do is simply cut a rectangle strip of black cardstock 3.5 inches x 3/4 inches and a square 1.5 inches x 1.5 inches.  Roll the rectangle up and glue it so that it fits onto the top of the Rolo.  Then I added a silver brad on the top and then glued the top of the cap onto it.

Graduation-gifts theidearoom.net

That’s it.  Pretty simple right?!  Happy Graduations!

Need some more Graduation Gift ideas? Check out these past posts:

Graduation Oreo Pops

Graduation Treat

Comments

This is an adorable idea! I also had to make a graduation gift this year for a college graduate. I made a fake diploma that said “This Emergency Fund is to be used wisely as you embark into the post-graduate world. Congratulations.” I put a $20 bill on it and put it in a Diploma Frame that she can actually put her real diploma in! If you want to see more about it, I blogged about it. There are pictures and tutorials on the blog on how to make the fake diploma. Check it out:…

Hi Amy,

I’m sorry I don’t have a Facebook account. Could I get the graduation Rolo gift wrappers through my e-mail? Thank you so much! countrynana34o at gmail dot com.

3. Wanda Diaz says

that its a very nice idea… my youngest son and daughter graduate this year… i will use this…!!!

So glad you like it! Congratulations to your children and YOU for their graduation. A lot of work goes into it. Such an accomplishment!

It is perfect time to make some plans for the future and it’s time to be happy. I’ve read this post and if I could I wish to suggest
    you few interesting things or advice. Perhaps you can write
    next articles referring to this article. I
    desire to read even more things about it!

5. Terah Webster says

Love this idea, may have to make one for a grandchild leaving elementary (8th) going to high school. Wish it were to where this could be “pinned” on Pinterest Board! Thanks for sharing!

6. Brenna Howard says

I cant get the Rolo gift wrapper to download. I liked it on Facebook and it still wont let me. Could you email it to me with the year changed to 2014 and/or space to type a short message on it? Thanks!

7. Lynetta says

I love the graduation rolo gift idea, but I cannot get it to download either. :( Any chance you could email it to me?

8. Debbie says

ROLO Graduation printable for 2014–When I print this it is blurry. Is there a way to get it to print more clearly? You can email me if that is easier. Thanks! This is such a great idea and just what I was looking for. Debbie

9. Christina says

Can you please email me the Graduation printable for 2014? Lots of graduations coming up…perfect gift. Thanks so much for the great DIY idea! I love it.

10. Tonya says

I also cannot get the printable for the graduation rolo covers to download. I did like the idea room on Facebook but still cannot get it to work!

11. Terri says

I can’t get this 2014 label to pull up, much less download to print. Can you please email it to me?

12. Jennifer says

So so cute, but I can’t find the download to print it. Can you please email it to me? Thanks so much!

13. shandiin says

I liked the facebook page but can’t find where to download this at. I went to get your free gift, but didn’t see this. Anyway you could email to me. Thanks!

14. Madison says

I liked thepage but I don’t know where to download the free gift. Anyway you could email to me? Thanks!