Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

You guys know I love me a good sugar scrub.  I love to play around with some of the different DoTerra Essential Oils I have and make sugar scrubs that smell delicious but also provide the benefits of the various oils.

cinnamon-sugar-scrub

I personally love the scent of Cinnamon AND the scent of Vanilla.  They remind me of the holidays and winter time.  So I decided to make a Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub…and let me tell you…this one smells so good!  I think it is now my favorite so far.

DIY-sugar-scrub

Isn’t she pretty to look at too?  I love the texture of this one.  This sugar scrub is a little bit different than my other ones because I added some Raw Cane Sugar.  This sugar has a larger granule and I love the feeling and the exfoliation it along with the smaller granules of the white sugar.  You will need the following materials to make this scrub recipe.

Supply List

cinnamon-vanilla-sugar-scrub

Here is the recipe:

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

1/2 cup White Sugar

1/2 cup Raw Cane Sugar (baking aisle)

up to 1/4 cup oil (Olive Oil, Almond Oil, or Coconut Oil)

1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract or Essential Oil

2-3 drops of Cinnamon Essential Oil (I love DoTerra’s)

dash of cinnamon (optional)

cinnamon-vanilla-sugar-scrub

Simply mix all the sugars and the vanilla and the essential oils.  Then gradually add the oil base mixing while pouring.  Add the oil until you are happy with the texture and consistency of the scrub.  I like mine a little on the non-oily side.  But it is just a matter of preference really.

homemade-sugar-scrub

To use, simply gather a small amount in your fingertips or with a small spoon.  Rub together in your hands and scrub your skin with it.  Rinse off with warm water.  This will leave your skin feeling so silky soft and smelling like cinnamon and vanilla.

cinnamon-vanilla-sugar-scrub

Gift it this year to your family and friends.  They will love it!  Or gift it to yourself!

And of course…I am sharing the Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub Labels so that you can download them and fancy up your gift jars!

To download the Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub Labels click here:

{Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub Labels}

*If you are not a fan of The Idea Room on Facebook, you will need to click like first and become a fan. After you become a fan you will need to click on “Get your free gift” in the upper right hand corner of the Idea Room FB page and then click on “Previous Downloads”.

You can buy your favorite high quality/food grade Essential Oils here: DoTerra’s Essential Oils

Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out:

Frankincense Sugar Scrub

Myrrh Bath Salts

Homemade Bath Salts Recipe

Chocolate Sugar Scrub

Cinnamon Vanilla Sugar Scrub

Coconut Lime Sugar Scrub

Peppermint Sugar Foot Scrub

Candy Cane Sugar Scrub

Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub

Lemon Sugar Scrub

Brown Sugar Scrub

Citrus Bliss Sugar Scrub Cubes

Comments

1. april kim says

I love it! I love doterra too!!! Can you tell me where you got your cute bottles? Thanks!

2. Giulia Casadio says

I found this blog like 3 minutes ago and I already LOVE IT!
    This sugar scrub will be the perfect party favor I’ve been looking for!

How long can it be stored?
    Thanks!

Best news ever! :) Hope you continue to follow along and enjoy what you see here! It should last up to 3 months if you use good quality essential oils and store in air tight container!

Thanks Kristen. For some reason your comments keep getting put in the spam. I will keep pulling them out! xo

3. Silvana says

I also have trouble finding nice bottles and the coconut oil I used started to condense right after so it looks al white and stuck to the bottom of the jar ,any suggestions ?

4. Laura Buchanan says

This looks so good. One question: When you use coconut oil, do you melt it first? (that might be a dumb question)

Yes! That is not a dumb question. It will be best to melt it just a bit. Pop it in the microwave for just a few seconds.

5. Michelle says

Made this tonight and gave it a try myself – it is incredible! My skin is so soft! Thanks for the idea!

I am so glad to hear that. Thank you so much for coming back here and sharing that with me! I love to hear from those who are making and using the ideas I am sharing here.

6. Rashelf says

First off, thanks sooooo much for all these scrub recipes….I’m making a few of them for Christmas gifts for friends. My question is, I picked up cinnamon leaf essential oil from our natural store. It doesn’t smell much like cinnamon. Although, I’m going to make a small batch first and see how it smells. Any experience with cinnamon leaf? Thanks!

7. Annette says

A word of caution…my skin reacted to the cinnamon oil. I ended up with big red splotches all over my legs and arms with some on my face because I touched my face after scrubbing my extremities. Almost like burns but no pain. I love the combo of coarse and fine sugar wit coconut oil but beware…the cinnamon oil can be hard for your skin. It did not hurt but it itched a bit. I just put lotion on and it went away. I threw my first batch out. You may want to test a small area with the cinnamon oil you plan to use before continuing. And I would not give these away unless you know they will not have a reaction.

8. Romina says

I made this scrub today and tried it in the shower, can`t believe how soft my skin is! I used mascabo sugar and skiped the EO, still smells divine!!! thank you so much :)

So happy to hear that. Thanks for coming back here and letting me know. I love to hear from my readers who make something!

9. Kelly says

Hi there! I’m hoping to make this for baby shower favors and absolutely love the idea! The only problem is everything I’ve read says to avoid the cinnamon essential oil while pregnant, and we have at least 3 pregnant people not including myself and the mom-to-be we are showering attending! Is there any other option for cinnamon scent without using the essential oil? Thanks so much!

You could add some cinnamon in spice form. It would still smell great and would be a lot less “intense” for the pregnant ladies. I think it would still be fantastic!

10. Avery says

Hey Amy,

I’m wanting to make a pretty large bath of the scrubs in different smells by I have a question first. I have sensitive skin and as does my mother. Is the refined coconut oil still okay for sensitive skin, or should I splurge for the unrefined, extra-virgin coconut oil?