Do you have an overabundance of Zucchini in the garden this summer? Neighbors leaving Zucchini on your porch? No worries…I have a perfect way to use up some of that Zucchini! Make these super tasty and healthy baked Zucchini Fries!
These fries are baked in the oven instead of fried which greatly reduces the amount of calories. The fries are soft with a crisp outer lighted breaded surface that add a delicious texture and crunch to your fry. These are so good…my youngest…who is not a vegetable lover…asked for seconds. Great as a side dish, a snack…or for an entire meal!
Zucchini Fries Recipe
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red crushed pepper
- 1 (9 inch) zucchini, peeled
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil lightly greased with cooking spray.
- Cut the peeled zucchini in half lengthwise and remove the seeds.
- Slice the zucchini ito 1/2 x 1/2 x 4 inch pieces.
- Combine the bread crumbs, cheese, and seasoned salt in a pie plate.
- Dip the zucchini fries into the melted margarine, then press into bread crumbs.
- Place the breaded zucchini onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the zucchini in the pre-heated oven until the fries are golden and tender, about 15-20 minutes.
Need something tasty to dip them in? We love dipping them in our Home Made Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.