I was recently given the opportunity to partner with Staples for a fun holiday collaboration. All opinions are mine, however, I love being able to work with companies I personally use and love.
I get a lot of joy from creating and designing fun projects to use in my home with my family, especially during the holiday season. Our family really looks forward to Christmas and spending time together. We get excited for our family traditions and activities. Even as the kids have gotten older, they still love the traditions from when they were younger! Traditions are great for helping the family feel like they belong to something important…something consistent that they can continue to be a part of.
This year, I created a simple Christmas Countdown Calendar poster with Staples Print & Marketing Services that can be part of your holiday decor. I wanted to be able to use the calendar in a couple of different ways so that it could be adaptable to the needs of different families. Although this project is counting down to Christmas, which my family celebrates in December, the poster can be customized to count down to any holiday your family celebrates during the season! Other uses include counting through the eight nights of Hanukkah or through the hours leading up to 2018 on New Year’s Eve!
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
You can use this calendar as a regular countdown tool and simply mark off the days with an “X” as you get closer to Christmas! Or, if you have Staples laminate the poster, then you can use a dry erase marker to mark off the days. This way, the poster can be used year after year.
Another idea is to use this calendar as both a countdown calendar AND a Christmas Advent Calendar. If you are like our family, we like to do a fun little holiday activity every day in December.
Depending on your family’s schedule, these activities can be something big like hosting a holiday party, or something simple like reading a Christmas book together. That is the beauty of it. You can make simple adjustments to the activities so they fit on the days you are able to enjoy them as a family.
I started out by creating the countdown calendar so it could be printed out on a 18 x 24 inch poster from Staples online printing services.
- Log into Staples.com.
- Select from the Printing Services menu the option to make a poster. Select Design Now.
- Select the option to Upload Your Own Design and select upload now.
- Make sure to select portrait orientation for the poster. Select the 18 x 24 size and then push the get started button.
- Upload the image you can download from my site here. Check to make sure the image fits well within the bleed cut line and make any adjustments necessary. Select Continue.
- Review your item to make sure everything looks good. Check the box to show that you have reviewed it and then hit continue.
- Select the delivery or pick up options. Be sure to use the store closest to you if you are going to pick it up. You can also search for your closest store if needed.
- Choose your preferred paper type. I had mine printed on the standard heavyweight paper and I was really happy with the quality and feel of the paper. It will give it a little more wear and tear if you are worried about little hands around your calendar. If you kids are extra tough on things, you may consider going with the super heavyweight paper, or printing on canvas, which Staples also offers online!
- Choose whether or not you want to have your calendar laminated.
- Select how many posters you want to order and then add your items to the cart.
- Add your payment information and send your order in. That’s all there is to it!
With Staples printing services, I was able to pick up my poster prints the same day. Just be sure to order it before 2 pm so they have time to print it for you!
I drove over to Staples that same night and picked up my poster. I was so impressed with the quality and how it turned out. The image clarity looks just like what I created to begin with and that is important with a large print, since you run the risk of the image becoming pixelated when it’s enlarged. Not when Staples is printing it, though!
I wanted to see the poster in both a laminated version and a non-laminated version and love how both of them turned out. So you can decide which way you want yours printed.
The whole process was pretty simple. Even if you aren’t a whiz on the computer, this should be something that you can easily do.
I also created some printable Christmas Advent Activities that you can download and print as well. These can be placed on the calendar as part of the countdown so that the kids can see the activity that they get to do. Flip them over and you get to cross off one more day closer to the Christmas Holiday!
Want to create one for your home? Simply click on the links below to download the files onto your own computer.
Then simply follow the directions I shared above if you need any help uploading to Staples.com. Staples will guide you step-by-step through each process. Then simply pick up and enjoy your countdown calendar for years to come!
Be sure to check out Staples Print and Marketing Services for all of your holiday needs. Not only can you use Staples to create beautiful items for your home, but Staples also has a lot of great options for helping you have a stress-free holiday season. Print your holiday cards, thank you notes, Christmas letters, Christmas calendars, holiday gifts, holiday decor and more all from the comfort of your own home. It’s a great way to avoid the holiday traffic and crowds while taking care of your long holiday to-do list!
You can also follow along with Staples on their social media here:
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.