*This is a sponsored post with Bounty. I am so honored to be working with a company I adore and use in my own home.
Spring Cleaning is in full force here, and I couldn’t be happier! For some reason I just love this time of year. When the weather begins to warm up, I get excited to get my house in tip-top shape.
We have several uses for paper towels in our home, and they always help us get some of our tougher jobs done. For example, we never use our kitchen counter cloths on the floor if there is a spill. We will always use a paper towel so the cloths don’t ever have to touch the dirty floor.
We also use paper towels to clean up after cutting or handling raw chicken (or other meats) so that we don’t spread any germs (or Salmonella) around the kitchen inadvertently!
We also love using paper towels when we clean our mirrors or windows. Our household personal favorite is Bounty – they do a great job of cleaning and creating a streak-free window without leaving any lint behind!
Here are some additional ways we use paper towels in our home!
CLEVER USES FOR PAPER TOWELS
- Cast iron maintenance. Cast iron pans require a little extra care if you want them to last for a long time. After use, wipe them down with a paper towel to remove any oil and food left in the pan. Store them with a paper towel in the base of the pan if you are stacking them – this will keep them from rusting. If the pan has caked on food, you can wash it but then dry it with a paper towel. Rub a little fat back into the pan with the paper towel to keep the cast iron in good condition.
- Keep greens and herbs fresh. Lettuce, herbs, and other greens can tend to wilt in the fridge. To keep your greens fresher, simply add a moist paper towel to the bag they’re kept in. The paper towel holds moisture to maintain a comfortable humidity level, without making the greens too damp, which can speed up the rotting process.
- The bread trick. If you are freezing a loaf of bread, add a paper towel to the bag before freezing. When you do that, the paper towel will collect the moisture and wick it away from the bread, keeping your loaf nice and fresh and preventing your bread from becoming soggy.
- Corn cleaner. Clean those pesky corn silk off of your fresh corn on the cob by using our paper towel trick. After shucking your corn, run a lightly moistened paper towel over the shucked corn and be amazed as it pulls away the corn silk.
- Soften hard brown sugar. Sometimes your brown sugar becomes hard and clumpy. Take a damp paper towel and place it over a microwaveable safe container with the hardened brown sugar. Microwave it for 20 seconds. Sugar should be easily softened with a fork.
- Remove crayon marks and other wax. Set a paper towel over the wax stain and run an iron over it on low. The paper towel will absorb the crayon, while also protecting the iron. This works best on harder surfaces but can also be applied for use on upholstery and carpets too!
- Make an emergency coffee filter. When coffee is a must, but you’re all out of filters, a paper towel will work in a pinch! Simply fold up paper towel, tuck into your coffee maker in place of a filter, and brew as normal.
BOUNTY PAPER TOWELS SPECIAL OFFER
Now that I have given you endless excuses to stock up on paper towels, I have a great deal to share with you on the New Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels! You can grab these NEW Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels, on Amazon right NOW for a crazy discount! To save up to $7, all you have to do is head to Amazon, apply the $2 Amazon coupon, and tack on the $5 promo code, using 5QUICKBOUNTY at check-out.
Some reasons WHY you need this:
- Get an additional $2 off coupon which can then be applied at checkout for a total savings of $7!
- 16 Family Rolls equals 40 Regular Rolls
- This pack contains 80 more sheets per pack
- 2x More Absorbent than the leading ordinary brand
This is a great time to stock up on paper towels for your family’s needs! We love having extra on hand for when we need them most!
PAPER TOWEL GIFT IDEAS
A new package of Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels can be thrown into a fun little neighbor gift idea. I have given them to new neighbors when they move into the neighborhood or when they are moving out!
I have also given them to new moms with a set of paper plates, plastic utensils and paper cups so they don’t have to worry about dishes with a brand new baby! I love that this is a practical gift that EVERYONE can use!
Be sure to grab some Bounty Quick-Size Paper Towels while they are still available at this great price! And while you’re at it…gift some to your friends and neighbors! They will be so grateful!
Grab the free printable New Neighbor Gift tags here:
Thanks so much for stopping by!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Bounty. The opinions and text are all mine.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.