Make our easy and delicious gluten free pumpkin bread with these simple pantry staples. Moist and soft you won’t taste a difference.
GF PUMPKIN BREAD
Don’t miss out on a favorite fall time quick bread recipe. This GF Pumpkin Bread is so delicious and tastes as good as the regular pumpkin bread. I have been on a mission to make delicious gluten free recipes since my two youngest daughters have gone gluten free. My youngest has been officially diagnosed with Celiac disease and my other daughter who doesn’t have Celiac, feels so much better when she eats Gluten Free. With my other children grown and out of the home, we are cooking mostly gluten free now as a family.
My girls were missing some of their favorite gluten recipes and we have found a great pumpkin bread recipe to fill the void this fall.
HOW TO MAKE GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BREAD – STEP BY STEP
For best results always read the full instructions before beginning.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a bread loaf pan. I like this particular bread pan so that the bread cooks more evenly without leaving the ends burnt and the middle soft; set aside pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, spices, salt, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Beat pumpkin, eggs, and butter together in a separate bowl until creamy.
- Add the wet mixture to the flour mixture and beat until the mixture blends into a batter. Do not over-mix.
- Add in any additional ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips, etc. by folding them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan. If desired sprinkle the top with additional nuts or chocolate chips.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out dry and center is set.
- Allow the bread to cool in the pan before removing to a wire rack. Slice when completely cooled.
For the list of ingredients and complete directions please see the recipe card below.
TIPS FOR MAKING GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BREAD
- It’s best to start with ingredients at room temperature, but not required.
- Use a high quality flour blend. This bread recipe works best with a quality 1-1 cup gluten free flour.
- When measuring the flour, scoop the flour from the container into your measuring cup…not the other way around. This will not compact your flour and will result in a lighter bread texture.
- Use a good quality pumpkin puree.
- Beating the eggs first before adding them to the mixture and then beating them will make the bread a little more fluffy.
PUMPKIN BREAD ADD-INS THAT ARE DELCIOUS
You can add in a few different ingredients to take your pumpkin bread to the next level. We added some pecans and chocolate chips to ours as you can see. Here are several additions you can throw in to cater to your own unique and individual tastes!
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
- chocolate chips
- dried cherries
- coconut flakes
- a sprinkling of oats on top
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- white chocolate chips
- additional spices
GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BREAD SUPPLIES
Here are some supplies that can help you make the best gluten-free pumpkin bread.
- Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour
- Bob’s Red Mill Xantham Gum
- Long Loaf Bread Pan
- Hand Mixer
- Silicone Spatulas
- Cooling Racks
- Wooden Spoon
- Hot Pads
- Turkish Hand Towel (pictured)
- White Mixing Bowls (pictured)
GLUTEN FREE PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
This gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe is a no-fail, tried and true gluten-free baking recipe. It has only a few simple ingredients and can be made in an hour. This is an easy recipe that you don’t even need a mixer for if you wanted. Simply mix by hand if you don’t want to wash your beaters. Really, it is that easy!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Bread
- 1 ¾ cups gluten-free all-purpose baking flour such as Bob’s Red Mill®
- ⅔ cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 large eggs eggs beaten
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Sift flour, sugar, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, spices, salt, and baking soda together in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat pumpkin, eggs, and butter together in a separate bowl; add to flour mixture and beat until the mixture blends into a batter. Stir walnuts through the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40-50 minutes.
MORE GLUTEN FREE RECIPES
- 25 Gluten free dinner recipes
- Gluten Free Blueberry Oatmeal Pancakes
- Gluten Free Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Banana Oat Muffins
- Peanut Butter Blender Muffins
- Printable Gluten Free Pantry Labels
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.