Many of you know about some of my dietary restrictions. I try to stick them as much as possible so that I can feel good. I am not always perfect and allow myself a little cheat here and then so that I don’t feel like I am totally restricting myself. When I feel restricted, I tend to focus on what I can’t have and then I can become obsessed about food…which is exhausting.
I have found a few “treats” that I really do enjoy and these Banana Oat Greek Yogurt Muffins are one of them. They are tasty AND gluten free…just make sure you use certified Gluten Free oats (and brown sugar) if you need them to be totally gluten free.
They take minutes to whip up in the blender. You can be enjoying them in 30 minutes or less! They are so good, my kids always want to help me eat them. If I have any left, I will throw them in a freezer baggie and freeze them so I can pull them out later when I need a little snack! It is nice to have them on hand so that I have an easier time sticking to my diet restrictions.
Skinny Banana Oat Muffins
1 cup plain Greek yogurt
2 ripe bananas
2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned or quick)
¼ cup brown sugar
1½ tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup chocolate chips, mini or regular
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. and prepare a muffin pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray or adding cupcake liners to the pan.
- Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips to a blender or food processor and process on high until oats are broken down and batter is smooth and creamy. Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin pan, filling each cavity until it is about ¾ full. Optional: sprinkle a few chocolate chips over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool in pan for at least 10 minutes before removing. Store in an air-tight container for up to a week.
So go ahead and whip these babies up! You won’t even know you are eating a healthier version of a Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin! These will be your new go to recipe for your overripe bananas!
Looking for other great ways to use up your ripe bananas? Check these out!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!