I am back in the kitchen baking again…and I love it! Summer seems way too hot to be spending too much time in the kitchen…do you feel the same? For some reason, as soon as the kids head back to school, I always feel like baking again! It also feels great to be making real dinners instead of trying to find the simplest meal ideas. Today I am sharing these tasty Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins Recipe.
These Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins are an easy and delicious recipe full of buttery, cinnamon and sugar goodness just like your favorite snickerdoodle cookie. If you want to see our favorite Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe, you can find that here. If you want to taste these muffins, keep reading for the recipe below!
This recipe makes a small batch of muffins (about 8) so I always double it or triple it depending on how many I need. With a big family, 8 muffins does NOT last at my house. You can always freeze the extra muffins and they still taste great later!Print
Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins Recipe
Learn how to make these Snickerdoodle Donut Muffins with this easy muffin recipe. They are perfect for breakfast even though they taste like dessert!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 8 muffins
- Category: Bread
- Cuisine: American
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup Milk
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
Dip Muffins after baking:
- ⅓ cup butter, melted (in separate bowl)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Spray muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix melted butter, sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Pour milk over mixture and set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, mix the remaining dry ingredients: flour, baking powder, cinnamon, cream of tartar and nutmeg.
- Pour your dry ingredients over the liquid mixture and mix until just blended. Fill each muffin cup ¾ full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and while they are still warm, dip them in melted butter and roll them in cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place on wax paper to cool.
Makes 8 muffins.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
Go make some! Your house will smell amazing…and they taste pretty darn good too!
Thanks for stopping by!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.