I was recently given the opportunity to use Heidi Swapp’s Minc Foil Applicator machine. I have been so excited to test one out and I was surprised at how easy it is to create beautiful foil projects! My very first project was to create this beautiful gold foil Mother’s Day Sign. I am obsessed with gold right now (like everybody else it seems). So of course gold foil was my very first choice.
It turned out so pretty! I had to frame it in a shiny gold frame to match it! Then I decided to also make a Mother’s Day Card using the same saying. This project literally takes just a few minutes to create and the end result is so worth it. I have all sorts of projects and ideas now that need to have some pretty foil added to it.
The Minc machine works when the heat activates a reaction in the printer toner that bonds the foil to the surface of the project. So any ink of the page will bond with the foil you choose. To bond the foil to a surface you must use a pre-printed accessory and/or a laser printer. If you don’t have a laser printer, you can visit your local copy shop to have your project printed. An ink jet printer does not lay down toner and will not work with the Minc.
Look at all the pretty colors of foil? The hardest part will be trying to decide what color of foil to use!
To create a project on the Minc, all you need to do is follow these simple instructions:
1. Create and print your project on your laser printer (or have printed at your local copy center).
2. Turn on your Minc machine and let it heat up. Set the machine to level 3 for most projects.
3. Place your print face up in between the plastic toner sleeve.
4. Cut your foil to cover your entire printed image.
5. Place foil color side UP on top of the printed image.
6. Lay down the top layer of plastic and smooth out any lines or wrinkles.
7. Push your plastic sleeve into the front slot of the Minc machine and let the rollers grab your project. It will pull slowly through the machine.
8. When finished remove it from the foil and the sleeve.
Mother’s Day Sign 8 x 10 (black)
Mother’s Day Sign 8 x 10 (gold)
Mother’s Day Card Printable (black)
Mother’s Day Card Printable (gold)
Here are some important things to know about Heidi Swapp’s Minc Foil Applicator:
- Minc Foil Applicator and Starter Kit MSRP is $149.00 Minc Foil MSRP is $9.99 (foil is 12”x 10’) Minc accessories MSRP from $2.99 to $12.99
- Minc Foil Applicator and accessories are available at Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann, as well as locally owned craft stores and online shops
- The Minc is a fairly light weight and compact. It measures about 19.5” x 5” so it doesn’t take a ton of storage space.
- Minc features:
- Ability to accept a 12” wide sheet
- Four pressure rollers (most laminators have two) to evenly distribute pressure across a 12×12 surface.
- A heating element that covers the entire 12”, as opposed heat focused at the outer edges (also common in every day laminators)
- Adjustable heat settings that allows for foil transfer on sensitive materials like vellum, all the way to more robust chipboard and even thin wood veneer.
* This is a sponsored post on behalf of Heidi Swapp. I received product and/or compensation for this post. However, all opinions and statements are my own. Post may contain affiliate links.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.