I have always wanted to try my hand at making Homemade Fizzy Bath Bombs. I love a hot, relaxing bath after a hard day…especially with some drops of my favorite essential oils and occasionally a bath bomb. But they can be really pricey and being the kind of person that loves a good DIY, I set out to make some homemade bath bombs.
There are so many different ways to make them and a lot of recipes out there, that I felt a little bit overwhelmed. Some recipes were really complicated, so I played around and finally settled on this one. I think they worked out pretty good. I chose to make mine smaller so that I could share them with my three girls (heaven knows they would have just used them all up anyways…haha)!
I really like adding the citric acid, but you have to be really careful when you mix the liquid to the dry ingredients. If you add a little bit of liquid and mix together (and repeat the process over and over) you will have much better results and won’t accidentally activate the citric acid. Be sure to follow the directions and it should work out well. I have heard that it might be more difficult to make them if you are in a really humid environment…so you might want to keep that in mind.
Homemade Fizzy Bath Bombs
1 cup baking soda
1/2 cup citric acid
1/2 cup Epsom salts
2 tsp. water
3-4 drops essential oil
3 tsp. Olive oil
food coloring, optional
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and then whisk ingredients until mixed thoroughly.
- In a separate container, mix the liquid ingredients together. If adding colorant, or essential oils be sure to add them here and mix well.
- Slowly add the liquid mixture to the dry mix, one small spoonful at a time. Do not add too much liquid at once or the citric acid will be activated.
- Add the liquid until it is all mixed together. It should be a consistency that can pack well together.
- Pack the mixture into a bath bomb mold and pack tightly, then let it dry overnight (or longer if needed or you are in a humid area). You will need to work quickly so that they do not start to dry out before they are packed into the molds.
These would also make a fun gift idea for Valentine’s Day, Christmas or Mother’s Day…or as a fun little surprise for a busy mom who might need a little me time!
I love adding my favorite essential oils to them to make them extra amazing! If you are interested in learning more about doTERRA Essential Oils and how to use essential oils in your everyday life…or you are interested in joining my team, I have started a new FB group where we will be discussing oils. You can join that group here. You can also sign up for a free webinar to get started with your essentials here.
Thanks for visiting us here at The Idea Room! I love having you stop by!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.