This simple Paper Heart Garland is a fun addition to your Valentine’s Day Decor. You could also make one to decorate your little girl’s room or to add some fun to a bridal shower.
This is such a simple idea and just takes a few minutes to make depending on how many hearts you want in your heart garland. I used 12 x 12 scrapbook paper because I wanted a larger heart…but you can use smaller strips if you want hearts of different sizes on your Valentine’s Day Garland.
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER VALENTINE HEART GARLAND
12 x 12 Scrapbook Paper
- Hole Punch
- Cut two strips of scrapbook paper for each heart. My paper strips measured 12 x 1 inches each.
- Glue two strips of different colored/patterned paper together with the patterns out (visible). Or use paper that is two sided.
- Fold the strip of paper in half.
- Measure from the top of the folded strip down 3.5 inches and punch a hold through both sides.
- Curve in the tops so that it forms a heart shape and staple the two ends together to form a heart.
- String one heart with twine and leave enough room on the end heart so you can hang your garland. Then tie a knot on one side of the heart. Tie another knot on the other side of the heart.
- String another heart onto the twine and then secure it in place with a knot on each side of the second heart.
- Continue along with each heart until you have all of the hearts on the garland.
PAPER HEART VIDEO TUTORIAL
Sharing a video tutorial below to get you started. Go ahead and make one for your home today!
You can also use this as a fun Valentine’s Day Countdown Calendar for the kids if they are wanting to countdown to the Holiday. Just take a heart off everyday to countdown how far away the Holiday is.
VALENTINE DINNER PRINTABLES
Interested in grabbing the Valentine Party Labels? I am offering them for a great deal at only $3.99! Simply click on the button below!
DIY VALENTINE CRAFTS
I came up with some other Valentine projects. Sharing them below:
- Valentine Hearts Yahtzee Game
- Valentines Day Table Decorations
- Handprint Activity for Kids
- Valentines Day Sugar Cookie Bars
- Heart Hand Warmers
- Valentines Day Classroom Parties
- Valentines Day Classroom Boxes
- Paper Heart Garland
- Valentines Day Sign
- Valentine’s Day Topiary
- Valentines Day Crafts
- TIssue Paper Kissing Balls
- Sealed with a Kiss
- Candy Cane Heart Suckers
- Love Potion no. 9
- Just a Little Crush
- Tic Tac Valentines
- Heart Bottles and Cookies
- I Chews You Valentine
- Three Valentine Printables
- Chalk Board Mug
- Framed Heart Decor
- Be Mine Décor
- Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Cookie Pops
- Valentine’s Candy Bark
- Heart Shape Pancakes
I would love for you to share it with your friends and save it for later by pinning it below!
Happy Valentine’s Day crafting!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.