With Valentine’s Day getting closer, I am sharing a fun Valentine’s Day Decoration that you can add to your home decor. Today I want to share with you How to Make a Pom Pom.
They are super easy to make and are a fun way to bring a pop of color and fun to your Holiday Decor. I like to use them to decorate for Christmas and for Valentine’s Day. They are also fun to use in the kids rooms as part of their room decor.
The fun part is that they cost just pennies to make and you can make them in any color! All you need are the following materials.
HOW TO MAKE A POM POM GARLAND
Three items!!! That is it! Chances are you have all of this in your home right now! If you want to string them into a fun Pom Pom Garland you will also need a needle and thread.
- Cut a 6 inch piece of yarn off of your skein of yarn and set aside.
- Take the end of the yarn from the skein and wrap it around the middle prongs of the fork and wrap around and hold on the side of the fork.
- Wrap the yarn around the end of the yarn you are holding on the fork and then wrap around the back of the fork to the front again.
- Continue wrapping the yarn around the fork 25-30 times. Keep the yarn in neat straight lines.
- When you have it wrapped multiple times, take the 6 inch cut piece and tie it around the entire bundle of yarn through the middle fork prong.
- Tie a loose knot and then slide the yarn off of the fork.
- Tie a double knot as tight as you can and cut off the long ends.
- Cut around the entire bundle of yarn cutting the folded pieces of yarn until they are all cut.
- Fluff the pom pom and trim around the edges so that it is a nice round shape.
- Roll the pom pom in your hand to give it a nice round finish.
- Repeat process again to create another pom pom.
- If you want to make a Pom Pom Garland, create as many Pom Poms as needed and then string them together with a needle and thread.
- Hang and enjoy!
POM POM GARLAND
Simply add them to this Burlap Banner or to your Holiday decor for a fun and colorful addition! The best part is that they are easy to interchange and re-use for other holidays!
Watch this step-by-step tutorial to see exactly how easy they are to make!
VALENTINE’S DAY DECOR
Looking for some more Valentine’s Day Decorations? Sharing a few of our favorites below:
- BUSHEL AND A PECK SIGN
- PAPER HEART GARLAND
- VALENTINES DAY TABLE DECOR
- BE MINE DECOR
- PAPER HEART GARLAND
- VALENTINES DAY SIGN
- VALENTINES’S DAY TOPIARY
- FRAMED HEART DECOR
VALENTINE DAY DINNER
Interested in grabbing the Valentine Party Labels? I am offering them for a great deal at only $3.99! Simply click on the button below!
VALENTINE’S DAY CRAFTS
I came up with some other Valentine Crafts and Activities. Sharing them below:
- Valentine Hearts Yahtzee Game
- Handprint Activity for Kids
- Heart Hand Warmers
- Valentines Day Classroom Parties
- Valentines Day Crafts
- Sealed with a Kiss
- Candy Cane Heart Suckers
- Love Potion no. 9
- Just a Little Crush
- Tic Tac Valentines
- I Chews You Valentine
- Three Valentine Printables
- Chalk Board Mug
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.
This is so cute and simple!! One question, where did you find that adorable truck?
I found it at Hobby Lobby a couple years ago at Christmas!
These look so cute!! Totally going to do these right now!
Glad you love them! Have fun crafting!
Richa Choudhary says
i loved the video so easy to make…never ever tried but looks fantastic…i am gonna make them soon and post on my blog too :)
That is looking so cute! I’m going to do these. Very good made and explained with photos and video. Thanks.
Artificial Sinew says
Simply it’s good! I love pom poms because so softie and nice idea…