With Valentine’s Day getting closer, you might still be looking for some fun Valentine’s Day Decorations that you can add to your home decor. Today I want to share with you How to Make Mini Pom Poms with Yarn.
They are super easy to make and are a fun way to bring a pop of color and fun to your Holiday Decor. I like to use them to decorate for Christmas and for Valentine’s Day. They are also fun to use in the kids rooms as part of their room decor.
The fun part is that they cost just pennies to make and you can make them in any color! All you need are the following materials.
How to Make Mini Pom Poms
Three items!!! That is it! Chances are you have all of this in your home right now! If you want to string them into a fun Pom Pom Garland you will also need a needle and thread.
- Cut a 6 inch piece of yarn off of your skein of yarn and set aside.
- Take the end of the yarn from the skein and wrap it around the middle prongs of the fork and wrap around and hold on the side of the fork.
- Wrap the yarn around the end of the yarn you are holding on the fork and then wrap around the back of the fork to the front again.
- Continue wrapping the yarn around the fork 25-30 times. Keep the yarn in neat straight lines.
- When you have it wrapped multiple times, take the 6 inch cut piece and tie it around the entire bundle of yarn through the middle fork prong.
- Tie a loose knot and then slide the yarn off of the fork.
- Tie a double knot as tight as you can and cut off the long ends.
- Cut around the entire bundle of yarn cutting the folded pieces of yarn until they are all cut.
- Fluff the pom pom and trim around the edges so that it is a nice round shape.
- Roll the pom pom in your hand to give it a nice round finish.
- Repeat process again to create another pom pom.
- If you want to make a Pom Pom Garland, create as many Pom Poms as needed and then string them together with a needle and thread.
- Hang and enjoy!
Watch this step-by-step tutorial to see exactly how easy they are to make!
Add them to your Holiday decor for a fun and colorful addition! The best part is that they are easy to interchange and re-use for other holidays!