Summer is almost here for us…and that means making homemade ice cream for special family BBQ’s or warm summer evenings. We love to make Homemade Ice Cream. I love knowing exactly what is in the ice cream and being able to customize it to our family’s needs and personal tastes. One of our favorite Homemade Ice Cream Recipes to make is this no-churn Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
This ice cream doesn’t need to be made in a special Ice Cream Maker. You can simply whip this up and then place it in the freezer at least 3-4 hours before you want to serve it to your family or guests! It is sure to be a party favorite.
Here is the recipe:
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No-Churn)
1 1/2 cup whole milk
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped (or 6-8 drops of mint essential oil)
½ to 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Bring the milk, mint leaves (if using the essential oil, do not add this until you remove the mixture from the stove…cooking the oil will break it down) and sugar to a small saucepan to a simmer for about 10 minutes. Stir constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- After 10 minutes, remove it from the heat (add the oil if using it).
- Once the milk has cooled completely, pour the milk and mint leaves through a strainer to remove the leaves.
- Mix the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the milk and mint mixture into the whipped cream until well incorporated.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan and add the mini chocolate chips. Stir the chips into the cream.
- Place in the freezer for about an hour. Remove it from the freezer after an hour and stir in the chocolate chips as they may have settled to the bottom of the pan.
- Stir once more a couple of hours later to make sure the chips are evenly distributed throughout.
I used some Mint leaves and a few drops of food grade Peppermint Doterra Essential Oil. I LOVE doTerra oils. If you are interested in purchasing doTerra oils, learning more about them, or joining my team, you can learn more here.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.