Looking for a delicious quick bread recipe? This peanut butter banana bread recipe is filled with peanut butter goodness and chocolate chips. Great for a snack or a quick breakfast on the go.
CHOCOLATE CHIP BANANA BREAD RECIPE
One of our very favorite quick bread recipes is Chocolate Chip Banana Bread. Peanut Butter Banana Bread with some chocolate chips thrown in because everything is a little better with chocolate.
I love making Quick Breads because they are so easy to make and can be ready to eat usually in one hour! There is nothing better than a delicious, warm piece of bread right out of the oven.
TIPS FOR MAKING QUICK BREAD
Quick breads are traditionally easier to make than yeast breads, but there are a few tips and tricks to making sure your quick bread recipes turn out great every time you bake them.
- Avoid over-mixing the batter. Stir the wet ingredients together well and then mix in the dry ingredients so that the batter is lumpy. Over-mixing will produce a tougher bread.
- Quick Breads with nuts actually taste better the day after baking. So wrap up the loaf of bread in plastic and store overnight before slicing and serving.
- Check your quick breads 15 minutes before the baking time is up. If the bread is browning too much on the top, cover the top with foil to prevent the bread from burning and drying out.
- Test the loaf with a toothpick in the center of the bread. If it comes out clean the bread is finished baking.
- If your bread has a crack along the top of it, that is actually a good thing. It means that your bread batter has expanded properly.
PEANUT BUTTER BREAD
Now some of you might be interested in a Peanut Butter Bread Recipe. This recipe makes a perfect peanut butter bread, if you simply leave out the chocolate chips.
It tastes just as amazing! I know there are some of you out there who are not big fans of chocolate, so just leave them out. I don’t really understand that…but to each their own…right?! :)
And on that same note, quick breads make it pretty easy to throw in some of your favorite add-ins. Some of our favorites are nuts, cranberries, raisins, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips and berries.
So get creative and change it up from time to time and you might find a combination that you absolutely love!
MORE QUICK BREAD RECIPES
- Raspberry Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Copycat Great Harvest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Strawberry Swirl Bread
- Lemon Raspberry Loaf Bread
- Oatmeal Cranberry Quick Bread
- Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bread
- Chocolate Cinnamon Bread
- Chocolate Marbled Banana Bread
Peanut Butter Banana BreadPrint
Banana Peanut Butter Bread with Chocolate Chips
This banana peanut butter bread recipe is filled with peanut butter goodness and chocolate chips. This quick bread recipe is the perfect solution to using your over-ripe bananas.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- Yield: 36 servings
- Category: Quick Breads
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease two (2) 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, peanut butter, and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Sift in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in bananas.
- Reserve 1/4 cup chocolate chips; set aside.
- Gently fold the remaining chocolate chips into the banana bread batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared bread pans filling about 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle the top of the loaves with the reserved 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Quick breads should be placed in the center of the oven to cook evenly. When testing to see if the bread is cooked insert a toothpick into the center of the loaf. Nutrition information via MyFitnessPal.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 218
- Sugar: 20g
- Sodium: 399mg
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
BREAD LOAF PANS
We love to bake our quick breads in these long loaf bread pans! The bread seems to bake more evenly without burning around the edges and remaining uncooked in the middle. You can find the ones we use here.
Thanks so much for stopping by! xoxo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!