Looking for a fun and different way to serve your Thanksgiving Rolls this Thanksgiving Holiday? These Pumpkin Shaped Rolls are a festive way to add some fun to your Thanksgiving Table. They are so easy to make! My mom made these for our Thanksgiving Dinner last year and I am just getting around to sharing them with you.
The original creator of this recipe, that I could find, (and where my mom learned how to make them) is Rhodes.com.
Pumpkin Shaped Rolls
*recipe from Rhodes
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
2 tablespoons butter, melted
12 pecan pieces, for stems
- Shape each dinner or Texas roll into a slightly flat ball.
- Using scissors, make 6 to 8 cuts, equally spaced, around the outside of each ball about 1/2- inch deep.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a deep hole into the top of each pumpkin shaped roll.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Allow to rise until almost double.
- Remove wrap and re-poke stem hole.
- Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with butter. Insert pecan pieces into pumpkin rolls for stems.
If you don’t want to use a frozen pre-made dough, you can use your favorite roll recipe, or any other roll recipe you want. Just be sure to follow the directions and roll them into a slightly flattened roll shape.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.