Looking for a fun and different way to serve your Thanksgiving Rolls this Thanksgiving Holiday? These Pumpkin Shaped Rolls are a festive way to add some fun to your Thanksgiving Table. They are so easy to make! My mom made these for our Thanksgiving Dinner last year and I am just getting around to sharing them with you.
The original creator of this recipe, that I could find, (and where my mom learned how to make them) is Rhodes.com.
Pumpkin Shaped Rolls
*recipe from Rhodes
12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 12 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, thawed but still cold
2 tablespoons butter, melted
12 pecan pieces, for stems
- Shape each dinner or Texas roll into a slightly flat ball.
- Using scissors, make 6 to 8 cuts, equally spaced, around the outside of each ball about 1/2- inch deep.
- Using the handle of a wooden spoon, poke a deep hole into the top of each pumpkin shaped roll.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Allow to rise until almost double.
- Remove wrap and re-poke stem hole.
- Bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with butter. Insert pecan pieces into pumpkin rolls for stems.
If you don’t want to use a frozen pre-made dough, you can use your favorite roll recipe, or any other roll recipe you want. Just be sure to follow the directions and roll them into a slightly flattened roll shape.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!