Entertaining the kids on Thanksgiving morning while preparing for your feast can be challenging. Why not let them entertain themselves with this fun Thanksgiving Game?
Waiting for the Thanksgiving Food to cook can leave us wondering what do to and how to entertain the kids. Here is a great Thanksgiving game for you and your family to play around your Thanksgiving table before and after the meal. Perfect for adults and kids alike.
HOW TO PLAY TURKEY FEATHERS THANKSGIVING GAME
The premise of the game is fairly simple. Simple enough that even the youngest kids can play. Making it is also very simple.
As far as making the game all you will need to do is paint some clothes pins in some fun colors. Each player will need 6 clothes pins, so depending on how many players you have (this game can have lots so it is perfect for big family get togethers). Then since I had some fun Martha Stewart Glitter Paint (which is sold exclusively at Michael’s), I painted a layer of glitter over the regular paint colors to give the Turkey Feathers some pizazz!
Then to make them sturdy, I glued them onto some thin cardboard (or you could use some chipboard) with some Mod Podge on the front and back. This will help them to last through multiple games with little hands and allow them to be strong enough to hold up the turkey feathers.
- GLITTER (OPTIONAL)
- MODGE PODGE
- Each player takes a turkey card and gets 6 clothes pins or…Turkey Feathers.
- Each player takes turns rolling once dice. Then you simply put a feather on the number that you rolled. If you roll a number you already have a feather on, then your turn is over.
- First person to get all the feathers on their turkey wins.
- Pretty simple right? As I am typing this, I realized it might be fun to actually write some of the things you are thankful for on the turkey feathers themselves to help your little ones to be thinking of them while they are playing the game. It would add a little more meaning to the game as well.
FREE THANKSGIVING PRINTABLE
You will also need to print a card for each player. You can find the free download for the game board here:
THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS
Hope you enjoy them. I would love to hear from you if you download the games and plan on using them for Thanksgiving this year. This helps me to gage the kind of projects I share with you and the things that you would maybe like to see more of!
- Thanksgiving Turkey Treat
- EOS Turkey Printable
- Thanksgiving Card
- Hand Tap Double Tap Thanksgiving Game
- Thanksgiving Treats and Games
- Thanksgiving Treats for Kids
- The “BEST” Thanksgiving Game
- Thanksgiving Crafts
THANKSGIVING MEAL PLANNER
Want to grab your copy? Buy the Thanksgiving Meal Planner in our convenient and organized bundle! With everything bundled together, you get all this below for a great deal when you buy it all together!
And, we are also sharing these fun Thanksgiving Table Printables! They make decorating your Thanksgiving Table so easy! All you have to do is print and cut! Save yourself the time and use ours!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.