Entertaining the kids on Thanksgiving morning while preparing for your feast can be challenging. Why not let them entertain themselves with this fun Thanksgiving Game?
Waiting for the Thanksgiving Food to cook can leave us wondering what do to and how to entertain the kids. Here is a great Thanksgiving game for you and your family to play around your Thanksgiving table before and after the meal. Perfect for adults and kids alike.
HOW MANY PLAYERS CAN PLAY?
This game can have as many players as you need. You will just need 6 clothes pins for each player. Or you can make a whole bunch of clothespins and put them in a pile in the middle. And use them until they run out.
HOW TO MAKE WILD TURKEY FEATHERS GAME
Follow this info to create the game pieces.
- Paint the clothes pins in some fun colors. Each player will need 6 clothes pins, I painted a layer of glitter over the regular paint colors to give the turkey tail feathers some pizazz!
- Print out the free thanksgiving game printable (link found below) onto some cardstock or regular paper.
- Cut out your turkey body and then glue them onto some chipboard to make the game cards strong so you can use them every year.
- Seal the top and sides with a layer or two of Mod Lodge (I love Matte finish) so that they aren’t easily ruined by lots of use and little fingers. This will also keep the game from being ruined by the constant addition of the turkey body feathers.
HOW TO PLAY TURKEY FEATHERS THANKSGIVING GAME
The premise of the game is fairly simple. Simple enough that even the youngest kids can play.
- CLOTHESPINS to represent natural turkey feathers
- PAINT for the turkey feathers
- PAINT BRUSH
- GLITTER (OPTIONAL)
- CARDSTOCK for the game card to print on
- MOD PODGE to glue the printed download to the chipboard
- CHIPBOARD to make a sturdy game card
- Each player takes a turkey card and gets 6 clothes pins or…Turkey Feathers.
- Each player takes turns rolling once dice. Then you simply put a feather on the number that you rolled. If you roll a number you already have a feather on, then your turn is over.
- First person to get all the feathers on their turkey wins.
- Pretty simple right? As I am typing this, I realized it might be fun to actually write some of the things you are thankful for on the turkey feathers themselves to help your little ones to be thinking of them while they are playing the game. It would add a little more meaning to the game as well.
FREE THANKSGIVING PRINTABLE
You will also need to print a card for each player. The card is a drawing of the bird’s body that will be each game card. You can find the free download for the game board here:
THANKSGIVING ACTIVITIES AND CRAFTS
Hope you enjoy them. I would love to hear from you if you host a Thanksgiving party and use this game.
download the games and plan on using them to play a Thanksgiving game this year. This helps me to gage the kind of projects I share with you and the things that you would maybe like to see more of!
- Thanksgiving Turkey Treat
- EOS Turkey Printable
- Thanksgiving Card
- Hand Tap Double Tap Thanksgiving Game
- Thanksgiving Treats and Games
- Thanksgiving Treats for Kids
- The “BEST” Thanksgiving Game
- Thanksgiving Crafts
THANKSGIVING MEAL PLANNER
Want to grab your copy? Buy the Thanksgiving Meal Planner in our convenient and organized bundle! With everything bundled together, you get all this below for a great deal when you buy it all together!
And, we are also sharing these fun Thanksgiving Table Printables! They make decorating your Thanksgiving Table so easy! All you have to do is print and cut! Save yourself the time and use our decorations for your Thanksgiving dinner.
These small purchases help me to keep running this site and sharing my content with you…and it will help you create a festering Thanksgiving tablescape!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.