Fresh Fruit Popsicles

Fruit Popsicle Recipes

With summertime hot on our heels, cool tasty treats are a must. We recently made this super easy fresh fruit popsicle recipe. They.Are.Delicious!

I simply slice up some fresh fruit. We used kiwi, strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, marion berries and black berries. You could even use frozen fresh fruit. COSTCO has a great bag of frozen berries that we love over here.

I placed the fruit into a popsicle mold (about 1/3 full with fruit). More or less depending on your preference. I let the kids add the fruit they wanted in their own mold so they were just what they wanted.

Then I filled the rest of the popsicle mold with White Grape Juice. It has a mild, sweet taste and was clear so you could see the fruit inside the popsicle. The popsicles had a soft icy consistency and the fruit was not hard to eat and broke apart just like the rest of the soft ice. YUM!

Photobucket

Considering the treats I usually share on here *ahem* these are quite healthy! Your waistlines will thank me for once! I will definitely make these again. I thought they were really classy and sophisticated. They would be fun for an shower or girls night out party.

For another fun summer popsicle you can make at home check out these Watermelon Popsicles.

**Since I know someone will wonder (or ask) I found the popsicle molds at Target two years ago.

Comments

1. Trimble says

Mmmmmmm, I could really go for one of those about now…Very cool molds and will be looking for them.

2. Julie Harward says

I lOVE this idea…now if I lived by a target..I have got to get some! Come say hi :D

3. Amie says

Those look divine!!! Perfect for summer. Now I jut have to wait for the summer weather to hit the northwest. :D

4. Lynn from For Love or Funny says

This is a great idea, Amy! I'm always looking for new ideas to put fruit & veggies into my kids.

5. Jennifer says

Those look amazing! Just as soon as it stops snowing, and starts to resemble summer I will be giving these a try for sure!

6. Lindsey says

They look amazing!! I will totally be making some of these when the weather warms up around here. Thanks so much for sharing :)

7. jayayceeblog says

Wow, those look so refreshing. Just the thing for this holiday weekend. I used to have some of the Tupperware popsicle molds, but I think they may be long gone. Will have to pick up some new ones. Thanks for the great – and healthy – idea!

8. Amy says

Fun! I'm on the look out for molds like that. I bought some fun shaped molds and they work well, but they are harder to use. A basic shape would be better.

9. Michelle C. says

I love this and so will my kids! We used to make these all the time when my brother & I were kids. I can't believe I have yet to do it with mine. Probably b/c we're hooked on our snow cone machine we bought a few summers ago. We love to break it out on a hot day and make the kids flavored snow cones. I LOVE the fruit inside these popsicles though. I will pick up some molds tomorrow and make them with my girls over the weekend. Thanks Amy!

10. Jennifer says

Target has these molds right now, but they also have some 'simpler' ones in the dollar section too.

11. Camille says

That is such a great idea! I love it. Just another idea–I like to buy the little yogurt cups at Wal-Mart. Slice a little slit in the top, and put in a Popsicle stick. Freeze it, and you have a delicious, nutritious Popsicle! :)

12. Ouidad says

YUM. Those look so healthy and delicious. Loooove your daughter's pigtails too!
    -Deb for Ouidad

13. polwig says

We love ice pops and make them all summer long mixing with all different things like coconut milk, condensed milk, juice etc. The one thing I recommend is to not buy too cheap of the molds. The first molds I bought where 1$ from WalMart and I could not get them out, all handles broke. I tried 3 different boxes then finally decided to splurge (10$,not sure if it is the same price this year) on Tovolo ones, that are really cute an come in different shapes. Still a lot cheaper then an ice cream maker ;)

14. polwig says

OMG, I just looked and Tovolo is still 10$ but now they make ice pop molds to look like rings (pop rings).. so cool

15. Lenetta @ Nettacow says

I bought some white grape juice for this purpose and my hubs has drank half of it already, so I'd better hurry! :>) I linked to this on my weekly roundup – thanks so much for sharing!

16. stormyserenity says

You can also find the molds at Wal-Mart starting around May for the summer time. Or you could always use plastic cups and popscicle (sp?) sticks/tongue depressors. This is a great idea, much better than the ones I have been making wiht Kool-Aid which has too much sugar. We go through a LOT of pops here in Florida!

I love this idea for a yummy popsicle! So much that I included it in a Popsicle Feature on my blog!

Thanks!
    Amy

1. […] Fresh Fruit Popsicle: Add the fruit and then pour preferred juice all around. Easy and delicious. […]