I recently needed a little chocolate pick me up. And I was craving brownies. Who doesn’t crave a brownie every now again? But I wanted something a little more fancy than a regular brownie. So I decided to make some Mississippi Mud Brownies.
All you need is your favorite brownie recipe and some Oreo Cookies to crush.
Best Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup mini marshmallows
Oreo Cookie Crust (crush about 30-40 Oreos after removing frosting center)
1/8 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×9 inch baking pan.
- Pull out 1/8 cup of crushed Oreos and set aside. Spread the rest of the Oreo Cookie crust into the bottom of the pan with the melted butter and press firmly. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes on 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat in eggs. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt; gradually stir into the egg mixture until well blended. Fold in the marshmallows. Set aside.
- Remove from oven and layer on the brownie mix. Sprinkle the rest of the crushed Oreos on the top of the brownie mix in clumps.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to pull away from edges of pan. Let cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.
Enjoy with a friend and a your favorite glass of ice cold milk!
Join Us for New Ideas!