I am getting ready to head out to the Snap Creativity Conference that I have been involved with and will be speaking at this weekend. I am really excited! It is always nice to connect with others who have similar interests!
I came across the pictures of this Angel Food Cake Recipe that I made all the way back in December for a party we went too. I can’t believe I never blogged about it or shared the recipe with all of you. So, in my craziness, I thought it would be the perfect time to finally share it with you!
We have made this recipe several times and we always LOVE it. You don’t have to have a Angel Food Cake Pan to make it either. We always make it in a bread loaf pan and it turns out pretty tasty.
Since it was the middle of December, fresh fruit was scarce and expensive so we went with and old standby…frozen raspberries. To me it tastes just as good as fresh strawberries.
Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 12 egg whites
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor spin sugar about 2 minutes until it is superfine. Sift half of the sugar with the salt the cake flour, setting the remaining sugar aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, water, extract, and cream of tartar for 2 minutes.
- Pour ingredients into a larger mixer and slowly sift the reserved sugar, beating continuously at medium speed.
- Once you have achieved medium peaks, sift enough of the flour mixture in to dust the top of the foam. Using a spatula fold in gently. Continue until all of the flour mixture is incorporated.
- Carefully spoon mixture into an ungreased pan.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes (depending on the pan you used) before checking for done-ness with a toothpick. The toothpick should come out dry.
- Cool upside down on cooling rack for at least an hour before removing from pan.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!