Lemon Sour Cream Bundt Cake Recipe
Add zesty citrus flavor to an old-fashioned sour cream pound cake with fresh lemon juice and a tangy lemon glaze.
Summer is finally here and that means family, friends and relaxed get togethers! If you are looking for the perfect dessert recipe to bring and share with everyone, this Lemon Bundt Cake is the perfect cake recipe.
It takes the classic Sour Cream Bundt Cake and kicks it up a couple of notches with the addition of some zesty lemon flavor! If you love lemon, you have to give this one a try. It’s a good one!
It tastes great the day after too! I like to make sure I have an extra piece that I can eat for breakfast the next day…but I have to hide it so it doesn’t disappear first!
Lemon Sour Cream Bundt Cake
3 cups flour
1 (3.4-oz) package instant lemon pudding
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1-1/2 cups butter, room temperature
2-3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
6 large eggs
8 ounces sour cream
2 Tbsp lemon zest
1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a Bundt pan.
- Mix together the flour, lemon pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and pale yellow in color.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Mix until fully combined. Add in the lemon zest.
- Bake, placing a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center is clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- To make the glaze: In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over the entire cake after it has cooled.
Full of flavor and a great texture, this Bundt Cake recipe will be your new favorite cake recipe. Go ahead and make it!
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
*Food Photography and styling by My Name Is Snickerdoodle.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!