Take your favorite Lemon Cake Recipe up a notch or two with this Lemon Pound Cake Recipe. It’s moist and delicious and perfect for serving to family and friends! This cake recipe will become a family favorite!
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
LEMON CAKE RECIPE
Summer is finally here and that means family, friends and relaxed get togethers! If you are looking for the perfect dessert recipe to bring and share with everyone, this Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe is the one!
LEMON POUND CAKE RECIPE
It takes the classic Sour Cream Pound Cake Recipe and kicks it up a couple of notches with the addition of some zesty lemon flavor! If you love lemon, you have to give this one a try. It’s a good one .
It tastes great the day after too! I like to make sure I have an extra piece that I can eat for breakfast the next day…but I have to hide it so it doesn’t disappear first!
SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE RECIPE
Lemon Sour Cream Pound Cake
Take Your Favorite Lemon Cake Recipe Up A Notch Or Two With This Lemon Pound Cake Recipe. It's Moist And Delicious And Perfect For Serving To Family And Friends! This Cake Recipe Will Become A Family Favorite!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 3.4-oz package instant lemon pudding
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1-1/2 cups butter room temperature
- 2-3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter melted
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease a Bundt pan.
Mix together the flour, lemon pudding mix, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
Cream together butter, sugar and vanilla. Beat for 2 to 3 minutes, or until light and pale yellow in color.
Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
Add the sour cream.
Add the dry ingredients.
Mix until fully combined. Add in the lemon zest.
Bake, placing a piece of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning, if needed, for 1 hour 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center is clean.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan on a cooling rack for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan and let cool completely.
To make the glaze: In a medium-size mixing bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon juice and butter. Drizzle over the entire cake after it has cooled.
HOMEMADE LEMON POUND CAKE
Sometimes I have a little bit of trouble getting my bundt cakes out of the bundt pan in one pretty piece. If you are planning on serving your cake at a get together or a party, you will want your cake to be as pretty as possible. Here are some tips that can help you remove a cake from a bundt pan successfully!
HOW TO REMOVE CAKE FROM BUNDT PAN
- Use a non-stick pan — preferably one in good shape that isn’t peeling.
- Grease the pan thoroughly. Use a pastry brush if it has a lot of grooves.
- Grease the pan just prior to adding the batter.
- Don’t flour the pan; but do coat it lightly with a nut flour (like almond flour) or granulated sugar. Do not use regular flour.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife when you remove it from the oven and it is still warm.
- Don’t forget to loosen the edges of the cake around the center tube.
- Let the hot cake rest for a few minutes before removing the cake from the pan.
- Give your Bundt a gentle nudge or gently tap on the back of the bundt pan while removing the cake.
- If it still is not coming out of the pan, return your cake to the cooling (but still warm) oven for about 10 minutes to help loosen the sticky areas.
MORE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES
- Lemon Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Pound Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Chip Bundt Cake
- Candy Cane Swirl Bundt Cake
LEMON BUNDT CAKE SUPPLIES
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Stainless Steel Cake Stand
- Lemon Zester and Juicer
- Silicone Spatulas
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Cooling Racks
- Hot Pads
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
*Food Photography and styling by My Name Is Snickerdoodle.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.