Love a delicious Bundt Cake? We do…and we think you are going to love this Lemon Bundt Cake. It’s a family favorite and is so easy to make. Try our Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake today!
LEMON BUNDT CAKE
My oldest daughter, who is almost 12, decided she wanted to start helping me behind the scenes here with this blog of mine. I thought…why not?! She is a pretty good little baker and really enjoys it (all except for the cleaning up part). Her first gig?…making her very first Bundt Cake with our recipe for Lemon Bundt Cake.
Bundt Cakes are pretty easy to make. Just whip all the ingredients together and throw them into your pan. The most difficult part can be removing the cake from the Bundt Pan…but we have some helpful tips you can follow to remove your cake.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
REMOVING CAKE FROM BUNDT PAN
- Use a non-stick pan — preferably one in good shape that isn’t peeling.
- Grease the pan thoroughly. Use a pastry brush if it has a lot of grooves.
- Grease the pan just prior to adding the batter.
- Don’t flour the pan; but do coat it lightly with a nut flour (like almond flour) or granulated sugar. Do not use regular flour.
- Loosen the edges of the cake with a knife when you remove it from the oven and it is still warm.
- Don’t forget to loosen the edges of the cake around the center tube.
- Let the hot cake rest for a few minutes before removing the cake from the pan.
- Give your Bundt a gentle nudge or gently tap on the back of the bundt pan while removing the cake.
- If it still is not coming out of the pan, return your cake to the cooling (but still warm) oven for about 10 minutes to help loosen the sticky areas.
This Bundt Cake Recipe is perfect for an after dinner snack or to serve up for the next bridal or baby shower you have. It comes out really pretty, especially with a nice thin coating of icing (powdered) sugar.
LEMON BUNDT CAKE RECIPE
Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
Love A Delicious Bundt Cake? We Do...And We Think You Are Going To Love This Lemon Bundt Cake. It's A Family Favorite And Is So Easy To Make. Try Our Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake Today!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 small box Vanilla Pudding mix just the powder
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. lemon extract or rum flavoring
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Beat the eggs in a mixer. Add the water, cake mix and butter and mix together.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix for 5 minutes.
Pour into a greased and floured Bundt pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes in a 350 degree oven or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Leave in pan until cooled before turning out onto a plate. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
MORE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES
- Lemon Sour Cream Bundt Cake
- Strawberry Pound Bundt Cake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- Lemon Poppy Seed Bundt Cake
- Cinnamon Chip Bundt Cake
- Candy Cane Swirl Bundt Cake
- Bundt Cake Pan
- Stainless Steel Cake Stand
- Lemon Zester and Juicer
- Silicone Spatulas
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Cooling Racks
- Hot Pads
Thanks for stopping by! xoxo
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.