Do NOT keep reading if you have no self-control. I’m serious! The recipe I am sharing today is so so good! Like so good, you might find yourself wanting to eat the entire cake…by yourself! This Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake Recipe is one of our family’s favorite Dessert Recipes.
We recently made this to bring to a family get together we were having on a Sunday evening at my Mom’s new condo. She recently sold our family home (after my Dad’s death in June) because she felt the need to downsize to a more manageable home now that it is just her.
Lemon Raspberry Poke Cake
1 box vanilla cake mix
1 box (3.4 oz) instant lemon pudding mix
1 cup buttermilk (or milk)
½ cup vegetable oil
3 large eggs
1 large egg white
Zest of 1 lemon
1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
3- 6 ounces containers fresh raspberries
¼ cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons flour or corn starch
1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
¾ cup powdered sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine cake mix, dry pudding mix, buttermilk, vegetable oil, eggs & egg white and lemon zest. Beat on medium – high speed until all ingredients are well blended. Use a spatula to mix the batter from the bottom of the bowl to the top.
- Pour the batter into a 9-inch by 13-inch pan and bake at 350°F for 20-25 minutes until cake is set. Test cake by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done. Allow to cool for 20 minutes.
- While the cake is still warm, take the end of a wooden spoon and poke holes all over the top of your cake. Pour the jar of sweetened condensed milk over top of the holes as equally as you can. Allow the cake to cool completely, refrigerating if necessary.
- Combine raspberries and sugar in a medium-sized pot. Gently crush the raspberries and heat over medium heat while stirring until it starts to bubble slightly. Quickly add the flour and whisk vigorously to dissolve the flour into the raspberries.
- Once the sauce is bubbling and thick, remove from the stove and allow the raspberry sauce to cool until it is no longer steam. Pour the raspberry sauce over top of the cake, spreading evenly. Refrigerate the cake until it is completely cooled.
- For the topping: Put your mixing bowl and wire whisk in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes until it is completely cold. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed for several minutes until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over the cake only once the cake is completely cooled.
- Zest a lemon over top of the whipped cream
Thank goodness we had a lot of my big teenage nephews there…it didn’t last long enough for me to bring home any leftovers! I know if we would have had some left…I would have eaten it all while the husband was at work and the kids were at school.
So light and refreshing, this Poke Cake Recipe is perfect for a family get together, a ladies night or a spring or summer bridal or baby shower! Are you a fan of Lemon and Raspberry? Go ahead and give it a try!
Do you love the combination of Lemon and Raspberry? Check out these other recipes we have shared:
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!