We recently attended a family party and were in charge of bringing a dessert. So of course we opted for a classic Brownie but spruced it up with some crushed Oreos. Brownies are probably one of my very favorite desserts. I love how dense, rich and chocolately they are. Combine that with some Oreos to make Oreo Brownies and you are bound to have a crowd pleaser.
Now these obviously are not low fat or low in calories or sugar…which is why they are a once in a while treat. But if you are going to have a treat you might as well make it one that is worth it.
These are so rich and chocolately, you will definitely need a cold glass of milk to wash them down with.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
*crushed Oreos (do not add till later)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Crush about 15-20 Oreo’s then stir 3/4 of them into the mix.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining broken Oreo’s over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.
These are so yummy. Oreo Brownies are sure to be one of your go to recipes when you have a party or a get together with family and friends.
With summer and BBQ season on the horizon, these are sure to be something you will want to include in your food and festivities.
Join Us for New Ideas!