We recently attended a family party and were in charge of bringing a dessert. So of course we opted for a classic Brownie but spruced it up with some crushed Oreos. Brownies are probably one of my very favorite desserts. I love how dense, rich and chocolately they are. Combine that with some Oreos to make Oreo Brownies and you are bound to have a crowd pleaser.
Now these obviously are not low fat or low in calories or sugar…which is why they are a once in a while treat. But if you are going to have a treat you might as well make it one that is worth it.
These are so rich and chocolately, you will definitely need a cold glass of milk to wash them down with.
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup flour
*crushed Oreos (do not add till later)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix oil and sugar until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; stir just until blended.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Crush about 15-20 Oreo’s then stir 3/4 of them into the mix.
- Pour into greased 9 x 9 square pan.
- Sprinkle the remaining broken Oreo’s over the top of the brownies.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until sides just start to pull away from the pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.
These are so yummy. Oreo Brownies are sure to be one of your go to recipes when you have a party or a get together with family and friends.
With summer and BBQ season on the horizon, these are sure to be something you will want to include in your food and festivities.