With the recent Corona Virus and worldwide home quarantines, life just suddenly took an instant turn into a lot of worry, panic, stress, upheaval and unknown. One way to deal with things that are out of your control is to reflect on what you do have control over…and that is your attitude.
WHAT IS A GRATITUDE JOURNAL?
Gratitude journaling is the habit of recording and reflecting on things that you are grateful for on a regular basis. In essence, this allows your brain to rewire and focus more on the positive aspects of your life. It also helps build up resilience against negative situations. This act of gratitude journaling has been used by Psychologists for years to help their clients keep a healthier mental attitude in light of things they may be dealing with!
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF GRATITUDE?
Top 5 Benefits of Gratitude Journaling:
- Gratitude Improves mental health: Multiple studies in the field of positive psychology have shown that gratitude journaling helps people to get rid of negative emotions. With the practice, people are better able to work through negative feelings!
- Gratitude Increases happiness: Many studies have shown that people who write and keep a daily gratitude journal has had the largest impact on increasing happiness and improving self-esteem than other activities.
- Helps you sleep better: With a lower amount of negative emotions and great happiness and feelings of self-worth, many of the things that keep us up at night tossing and turning have lessened allowing better sleep for those who have a difficult time turning off negative emotions at night. This can help our overall sleeping quality and length which also has a big impact on your mood.
- Gratitude Improves relationships: Journaling about your gratitude makes you more aware of what others do for you. This often leads to improved expression of gratitude to others. They bring the good things that are happening in our lives to the forefront. This allows us to give them the attention they deserve and need. When you express gratitude towards another, it also increases their feelings of kindness and happiness towards you.
- Gratitude increases our resilience: When you are grateful for the good things that have happened in your life, you also become more immune to negative reactions when the bad comes around. Gratitude gives your perspective. It also helps you realize that no matter how bad things are, “this too shall pass”.
30 DAYS GRATITUDE JOURNAL PROMPTS
- LIST 10 HOBBIES THAT BRING YOU JOY AND EXPLAIN WHY!
- WHAT IS YOUR HAPPIEST CHILDHOOD MEMORY?
- WHO IS SOMEONE THAT MAKES YOUR LIFE BETTER AND WHY!
- WHAT IS SOMETHING YOU HAVE FELT THANKFUL FOR THIS WEEK AND WHY.
- WHO IS THE ONE PERSON YOU CAN ALWAYS RELY ON AND WHAT DO YOU APPRECIATE ABOUT THEM?
- DESCRIBE A FAMILY TRADITION YOU LOVE DOING WITH YOUR FAMILY.
- WHAT IS A FAVORITE RECIPE YOU HAD GROWING UP AND WHY DID YOU LOVE IT?
- CHECK IN TOMORROW ON MY INSTAGRAM INSTASTORIES! (I will be adding the full list here shortly for those of you not on IG).
Of course you can come up with your own prompts and start your journal on your own with your own questions! It can be nice sometimes to have someone else give you ideas that you might not otherwise think about. This can increase your levels of gratitude and help you see things in a different light!
I hope you will join us for the next several days! We can do this!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.