I recently discovered an Indian restaurant nearby that makes the most amazing Chicken Coconut Curry! I am obsessed with it and find myself craving it often. Unfortunately I can’t eat there as often as I would like, so I did some research and tried to make one at home that would fill my cravings. Today I am excited to share this Chicken Coconut Curry Recipe with you!
It’s pretty darn tasty. But I like that it is pretty easy to make. It can literally be on your dinner table in about 30 minutes. With the kids busy schedules this fall, this is very important to me when it comes to dinner time. I love home cooked meals, but don’t want to be in the kitchen all day long!
I need recipes my family will love and meals that I love to cook! If you want to make some Homemade Garlic Naan to serve with the Chicken Curry, it will take a little more time in the kitchen, so you might need to plan for that…but the garlic naan is an excellent addition to this meal. It can also be made ahead of time and then pulled out and warmed on the stove quickly right before serving! Stay tuned for the Garlic Naan recipe…I will be sharing it here in a couple of days!
Chicken Coconut Curry
2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 tablespoon peanut oil
2 cups broccoli, bite size pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1 can coconut milk
3 tablespoons red curry paste
½ cup cashews, optional
½ tablespoon cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- In a medium size pan over medium-high heat add peanut peanut oil.
- Toss the chicken with the curry powder and saute until cooked, about 5-8 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan add more oil if needed and saute the broccoli, garlic and ginger.
- After a few minutes, add the coconut milk and let simmer for 5-8 minutes. The broccoli should be soft but not mushy.
- Add the curry paste to the pan and stir it until it combines with the coconut milk.
- Add chicken back to the pan. Bring to a slight boil and add the cornstarch.
- Boil for about a minute, then reduce heat and let cool slightly (about another 2 to three minutes).
- Sauce will thicken as the mixture cools.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
I cooked up some rice to go along with this meal and simply shredded some carrots into the rice before cooking it! I love the additional flavor and color it adds to the rice. You can serve it with either white or brown rice depending on which one you prefer!
Are you a fan of Coconut Curry? You should try it!
Thanks for stopping by! xo
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!