The best thing about cooking rice with an Instant Pot is, that it’s so FAST and basically Fail-Proof! The Instant Pot Rice is don in just minutes!
WHAT IS BROWN RICEBrown rice and white rice have similar amounts of calories and carbohydrates. Brown rice is a whole grain and a good source of magnesium, phosphorus, selenium, thiamine, niacin, vitamin B6, and manganese, and is high in fiber. White rice, unlike brown rice, has the bran and germ removed, and therefore has different nutritional content.
INSTANT POT BROWN RICEBy using an Instant Pot, you will love that you don’t need to wait for the water to boil, like you would cooking it in a regular pot. Just set it and come back to the most delicious, perfectly cooked rice. We love to use Brown Rice and sometimes Jasmine Rice. I will be giving you instructions for both of these recipes below. I am going to give you a HUGE tip before we get started though. This recipe turns out every single time….it’s all about the Water: Rice Ratio! Always use a 1:1 ratio… meaning 1 cup water for every 1 cup of rice required.
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT RICEInstructions:
- Plug your Instant Pot in. Turn it on and press MANUAL.
- Adjust the + button to 22 (for 22 minutes).
- Pour two cups rice and two cups water in the removable metal pot.
- Line up the arrows on the lid and turn the lid until it locks.
- Make sure the lid is closed and turn the vent lock to Sealed not Venting.
- Once it is heated up, it will start counting down from 22 minutes down to zero.
- When it is at zero on the countdown, wait 5 minutes to let the pressure naturally release.
- Make sure you have on an oven mitt to turn the vent lock to venting… this will shoot out HOT steam.
- Let the steam fully release (the floating valve will drop down when it’s released).
- Open the lid and your rice is ready!
RICE IN INSTANT POT RECIPESee just how fast and easy it is to make rice in the instant pot with our video! It literally cuts the cooking time in half for your brown rice!
INSTANT POT BROWN RICE RECIPEThis instant pot brown rice recipe is so fast and easy! The rice turns out perfectly every time! If you love brown rice, you will love cooking it in your Instant Pot! It cooks in half the time with great results!
Instant Pot Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups water
Plug your Instant Pot in. Turn it on and press MANUAL.
Adjust the + button to 22 (for 22 minutes).
Pour two cups rice and two cups water in the removable metal pot.
Line up the arrows on the lid and turn the lid until it locks.
Make sure the lid is closed and turn the vent lock to Sealed not Venting.
Once it is heated up, it will start counting down from 22 minutes down to zero.
When it is at zero on the countdown, wait 5 minutes to let the pressure naturally release.
Make sure you have on an oven mitt to turn the vent lock to venting... this will shoot out HOT steam.
Let the steam fully release (the floating valve will drop down when it’s released).
Open the lid and your rice is ready!
INSTANT POT JASMINE RICEInstant Pot Jasmine Rice is the perfect complement to our Easy Chicken Coconut Curry Recipe. This recipe gives you perfectly cooked fragrant Jasmine rice every time! It’s so quick and easy. Here is another very helpful tip before you get started, always rinse Jasmine Rice. Don’t skip this step as it helps get rid of excess starches and prevents the rice in becoming glue-y link in texture.
- Rinse two cups Jasmine Rice under water until it runs clear.
- Place rinsed rice into Instant Pot and add two cups water.
- Lock lid and make sure pressure cooker vent is set to Sealed. Use “RICE” button or set to manual pressure for 12 minutes.
- Once done, allow to depressurize using the natural pressure release. If you are in a rush and want to do a manual pressure release, let it sit for at least 5 minutes first. Remember to use oven mitts when opening the lid. The steam is very HOT!
- Fluff rice with a fork, serve and Enjoy!
- Instant Pot
- Steamer Rack
- 2 cup glass measuring cup
- kitchen hand towels
- bamboo rice paddle
- white rice bowls
- wooden chopsticks
HOW TO USE AN INSTANT POTAre you new to using an Instant Pot and need some help getting started? Check out our guide for How to Get Started With Your Instant Pot here. I also HOW TO USE AN INSTANT POT created a printable Instant Pot Cooking Times sheet to help you take some of the confusion out of how long to cook something in your Instant Pot. You can grab that here. Check out our Instant Pot Recipes eBook if you are looking for some more ideas! Or a few of our Instant Pot Recipes below!
INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Chicken Tacos
- Chicken and Rice Burrito Bowls
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Hot Cocoa Recipe
- Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Barbecue Pulled Chicken
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.