I know many of you have recently started using an Instant Pot. I have been using mine for a few months now and have been enjoying it immensely. I love how fast and easy it is. It makes is so easy to throw together a last minute meal for my family…and with our busy lives, it has been a life-saver!
I shared a simple guide a few weeks ago to help you get started with your Instant Pot if you are unsure how to get started. The Instant Pot was a bit overwhelming to me when I pulled it out of the box and created it to help you get started to! You can find the guide here.
These are one of the easiest dinner recipes you can whip up for your family. Cooking the pulled chicken in the Instant Pot cuts down the cooking time immensely!
I prefer pulled chicken to pulled pork or beef for several reasons, and this is a recipe that the whole family enjoys!
Pulled BBQ Chicken Recipe
Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches are a deliciously messy dinner with all the taste of barbecue you love without firing up the grill. Easy directions to make in your instant pot.
- Category: Main Meals
- 2 lbs boneless, chicken breasts
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt to taste
- Set Instant Pot to a manual setting for 35 minutes.
- Place in chicken breasts.
- Add the barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and worcestershire sauce.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and seal.
- When the 35 minutes of cooking time is up, let the Instant Pot naturally release for at least 10 minutes.
- Open the lid after releasing any remaining pressure.
- Shred chicken and place back in the sauce until you are ready to serve.
- Top with coleslaw if desired.
We love to use the pulled chicken on sandwiches, but you can also use the meat on a salad of greens, in a wrap or on top of some nachos. It is so versatile and delicious!
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!