Clothespins are used mainly for hanging laundry out to dry but nowadays there are many more uses for them. Clothespins can be used to create adorable crafts, decor and can be useful in other ways. Today I will be sharing some Clothespin Crafts for Adults and Kids that will inspire you with a fun craft idea create your own use for the clothespin.
WHAT CAN YOU MAKE WITH A CLOTHESPIN?
While we usually only use clothespins for hanging laundry and as a decoration in our laundry room, there are actually a lot of fun clothespin crafts and clothespin art ideas that you can create for adults and kids!
WHERE CAN YOU FIND CLOTHESPINS?
Clothes pins are commonly found in the grocery stores and stores like Target and Walmart next to their laundry and cleaning supplies. Wooden Clothespins are also commonly found in your local craft store like Michaels. The wooden clothespins with the wire hinge or clip are the most common and can be found in most places. The older style of wood clothespins with a slit instead of a clamp, can be harder to find but I have found them on amazon here. You can also find mini clothespins on Amazon here.
COMMON SUPPLIES FOR CLOTHESPIN CRAFTS
- wooden clothespins
- plastic clothespins
- mini wooden clothespins
- pipe cleaners
- googly eyes
- hot glue gun
- glue sticks
- acrylic craft paint
- cardstock paper
- tissue paper
- spray paint
- construction paper
- cardboard sheets
- paint markers and/or colored pencils
- wood craft sticks
WHAT KIND OF GLUE DO YOU USE ON CLOTHESPIN CRAFTS?
The best glue depending on what you are making for your clothes pin craft project is most often hot glue. It tends to stick well and be long lasting in these projects. You might also want to use Mod Podge to seal on paper or tissue paper.
CLOTHESPIN CRAFT IDEAS
As always, please click on the link above the photos to be taken to the original DIY project and tutorials.
CLOTHESPIN CRAFTS FOR ADULTS
- Easy Clothespin Headphone Organizer from Make Something Mondays
- Beautiful Clothespin Mirror from Design Sponge
- Unique Clothespin Storage Shelf from CountryLiving
- DIY Clothespin Scarf Organizer from Sally Ann
- Colorful Clothespin Trivet from Dream A Little Bigger
- Make a DIY Clothespin Planter from Happy Giraffe
- DIY Picture Holder from The Folding Chair
- Clothespin Backdrop from The Chickabug Blog
- Days of the Week Clothespin from The Cottage Market
- Clothespin Wreath from Allison Kreft’s Design
- Kissing Clothespin Cake Topper from Brooklyn Bride
- DIY Clothespin Frame from Morning Creativity
- Unique DIY Wood Pallet Clothespin Photo Display from Simply Kierste
- clothespin elves from One Little Project
- Colorful clothespin Magnets for the fridge from Hearth and Vine
- Make a Clothespin pendant lampshade
- Beautiful Clothespin Lamps or candle holder with an original design (by David Olschewski)
- clothespin as earphone cable organizer!
- clothespin picture frame display
- Embroidery Floss Organization
- Ballerina Kid Craft from Live Craft Love
- Cute Clothespin Mouse from Dzieciaki W Domu
- Cupcake LinerButterfly craft from Crafty Morning
- Button Car clothespin craft from Frugal Fun for Boys
- Clothespin Stars from Vera Gobles Project
- Fairy Clothespin from Petaloo
- Little Mermaid Clothespin Dolls from Disney Family
- Shark Clothespin from A Day in Our Shoes
- Superhero clothespins from Glued to My Crafts
- clothespin dragonfly craft from Our Kids Thing
- easy clothespin dinosaur craft from Easy Peasy and Fun
- adorable clothespin insects from Michelle Guieu
- minions clothespin craft from K 4 Crafts
- snowmenclothespins from Pinterest
- Easter wooden clothespinbunny from Camille Styles
Aren’t there so many fun ideas here? I love that you can get creative and create all sorts of themed clothespins and for every Holiday from Valentine’s Day through Christmas! Seriously, aren’t they really the perfect craft for everyone of all ages.
What will you make with your clothespins?
CHECK OUT THESE OTHER FUN CRAFT IDEAS
- Fall Crafts for Kids
- Inexpensive Fall Decorating Ideas
- Acorn craft ideas
- Yarn Craft Ideas
- Rock Craft Ideas
- Sharpie Craft Ideas
- FINGERPRINT NECKLACE
- HEART STRING ART
- PAPER HEART GARLAND
- ORIGAMI HEART BOOKMARK
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.