Looking for a simple fall craft that can add some fun and color to your fall decor? Make these painted mason jars for a quick and easy fall decoration.
MASON JAR CRAFTS
Sharing another simple Fall Decor DIY project today…Painted Mason Jars.
I have a thing for Mason jars, as I know many of you do too. I have always liked to use jars for crafting, decor and fun gift wrapping. Everything is cuter in a jar. So of course I wanted to add some to my Fall Decorations. The weather here definitely has a fall chill in the mornings and the evenings and change is in the air!
HOW TO MAKE FALL MASON JARS
- Mason Jars
- Leaf stencils or stickers
- Simply place your leaf stickers (stencils) onto the front of your Mason Jars. I like to use the side directly opposite of the writing on the glass jars.
- Cut out in vinyl with your Cricut Explore machine. A Silhouette Machine will also work. If you don’t have access to one of those fancy cutting machines, you can use a leaf sticker or create your own by cutting out a leaf on some cardstock. If using cardstock, carefully use a gluestick and glue the leaf onto the jar. **If you use the glue, be sure to remove ANY and ALL excess glue from the jar or the paint will not cover that area on the jar and your stencil will not be crisp and clean.
3. Paint your jars. I used my favorite yellow spray paint. It is Valspar’s Golden Maize in a Satin finish and I get it at Lowe’s. I just spray painted them with a couple coats of this paint. Before the paint has dried completely, I carefully peel away the stencil. Do this VERY carefully!
4. After the paint has cured you can take a very fine grit sand paper and add some distress to your painted jars if you like that look. Then simply put them in a box with some fall decor or place them up on a shelf or a mantle. I also added some tea lights in the jars.
These jars a a quick project that takes just a few minutes to make, not including paint drying time. I love that you can customize them to match your color preferences too! You could also throw in some candy or treats and gift someone a cute fall mason jar filled with their favorite snack! The possibilities are endless for this fall craft.
What color would you paint your jars?
FALL CRAFT IDEAS
You may also be interested in making these DIY Fall Decor ideas below:
- DIY Fabric Pumpkins
- DIY Fall Pumpkin Sign
- Inexpensive Fall Decor Ideas
- Fall Porch Decor
- DIY Pumpkin Decor Ideas
- Fall Leaves Pumpkins Printable
- Printable Fall Signs
- DIY Fall Sign
- Acorn Craft Ideas
- Leaf Crafts
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.