Need some really cute Fourth of July decor to add to the festivities? Make this simple Fourth of July Banner.
4th OF JULY BANNER
Recently I shared with you these Patriotic Hot Dog Trays, which could also be used for Nachos at your family Fourth of July BBQ. In the background of the photo I have this Fourth of July Banner that I used as part of my Fourth of July Décor. I had several of you ask about how I made it. If you are interested in the Fourth of July Soda Bottle labels, you can find them here: Fourth of July Soda Bottle Labels
HOW TO MAKE A BANNER
I originally saw a banner in the Pottery Barn catalog and I pretty much knocked it off ;)! I thought it would be fun to make one for your Holiday BBQ! Sharing how I made mine below.
- red and blue paint
- foam roller
- It was pretty easy really. I simply took some burlap and cut it into some triangle. I made a pattern out of paper to use as a template. Then traced it out on the burlap. It worked out that I could flip the triangle upside down every other triangle and I didn’t have any waste.
- Then I cut out 14 total triangles. I wanted to make two different banners so I could criss-cross them over the table.
3. Then I took the same triangle template and made one with stripes on it and then cut out every other stripe so I could have a template to use for painting.
4. Then I simply put the template over a triangle and rolled red paint over it with my foam roller. I made 6 of them.
5. Then I did the same thing and made a template for the stars and then painted them blue. I made 8 of them.
6. Then I simply attached them to some twine with some little paper clips. You can find them at most craft stores. Then I hung them up by attaching the banners to the sides of the table which are attached to some poles.
FOURTH OF JULY DECORATIONS
Sharing some fourth of july decoration ideas and some just for fun idea.
- Wood Flag Sign
- Fourth of July Banner
- Patriotic Hot Dog Trays
- Fourth of July Bottle Labels
- 4th of July Mantle
- 4th of July “Blast” Printable
- Fourth of July Gift Idea
- Stars and Stripes Sign
- 4th of July Hostess Gift
- Red, White and Blue Italian Sodas
- Printable 4th of July Sign
*image source Pottery Barn
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.
Love this Amy! So cute!!!
Ann @ Not Just Signs says
So pretty and creative.
This is super cute, thanks for sharing!!
Super cute!! Love it!1
jennifer @ Tatertots & Jello says
Love the Banner!! Where did you find those little Rollers? they look fantastic to use!
Thanks and Have a Great Holiday Week End!
Is it burlap? Looks more like canvas, or maybe I’m not able to see the texture really well?
It is a burlap but it has a lot of weave. I bought it on a bolt at a local fabric store.
I love your banner – it’s so cute! Thank you for the simple tutorial. :)
Cindy K says
My anniversary is the 4th…that might be a nice surprise to hang on y hubby’s mirror!
Love this! What kind of paint did you use?
I just used the bottles of craft paint and it worked great!
So dang cute! I love it!
The Idea Room Assistant says
Becca- Thank you!
How cute & fun! I need more Fourth of July decor, so this will be something I can with my kids!
The Idea Room Assistant says
Kristyn- Thank you!