Curious about Lavender Oil? If you have ever wondered how to use Lavender Essential Oil, you need to check this out. We share all about the Lavender Oil Benefits and Lavender Oil Uses.
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Stressed About Thanksgiving?
Check Out Our Helpful Products Below
Lavender oil is one of the most versatile of all essential oils. Most commonly known for its relaxing effects on the body, certified therapeutic-grade lavender oil is excellent for using for the skin. It can be used to clean cuts, bruises and soothe minor skin irritations.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
Lavender essential oil has a calming, relaxing and balancing both physically and emotionally on the body. Carrying a bottle of lavender around with you is like having your own personal first aid kit, perfume and pick-me-up.
HOW TO USE LAVENDER OIL
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of your choice.
Internal use: Dilute one drop in 4 fl. oz. of liquid.
Topical use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with doTERRA Fractionated Coconut Oil to minimize any skin sensitivity. See additional precautions below.
LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL USES
- Calming. Rub 2 drops of lavender essential oil into cupped palms. Breathe in deeply by placing your nose into your hands. Breathe a few times with slow, easy breaths. This will bring a calming effect to your mind and body. Then, rub the excess oil on your feet, temples, wrists (or anywhere) for an immediate calming effect on the body.
- Sleep aid. Breathe in deep between cupped hands as mentioned above before bedtime to calm your mind and body. Spritz your pillow with a mixture of water and a few drops of Lavender oil in a spray bottle.
- Insect Bite/Bee Sting. Put a drop of Lavender oil on a bee sting or insect bite to stop the itching and to reduce puffiness.
- Minor burn. Put 2-3 drops Lavender oil on a minor burn to decrease discomfort. Make sure there is no open skin before using this on the burn. Lavender will reduce the stinging and burning sensation on the skin and have a cooling effect on the injured area.
- Cuts. Add one drop of Lavender essential oil on a small cut to stop bleeding, clean the wound, and kill any germs or bacteria.
- Skin Blemishes. Mix several drops of Lavender oil with fractionated coconut oil and use topically on skin blemishes or itchy skin. This will soothe any itching or stinging associated with the rash.
- Nausea or motion sickness. To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on end of tongue, behind the ears or around the navel.
- Nosebleed. To stop a nosebleed, put a drop of lavender oil on a tissue and wrap it around a small chip of ice. Push the tissue covered ice chip up under the middle of the top lip to the base of the nose and hold as long as comfortable or until the bleeding stops. Be careful to not freeze the lip tissue.
- Dry or chapped skin. Rub lavender oil on dry or chapped skin by diluting it with some fractionated coconut oil.
- Chapped or sunburned lips. Rub a drop of lavender oil on chapped or sunburned lips to ease and smooth out the chapped lip tissue.
- Seasonal Discomforts. Rub a drop of lavender oil between your palms and inhale deeply to help soothe the symptoms of seasonal discomforts.
- Dandruff. Rub several drops of lavender oil directly onto the scalp to help eliminate dandruff. Let soak in overnight.
- Food Enhancer. Add a few drops of lavender to any food, drink or dessert recipe you want to enhance. Be sure to use a food grade essential oil.
DIFFUSING LAVENDER OIL
Create Your Sweet Dreams Blend
- 2 drops Lavender essential oil
- 3 drops Roman Chamomile essential oil
- 3 drops Frankincense essential oil
USES FOR LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
- Lavender Sugar Scrub
- Homemade Lavender Soap
- Calming Lavender Pillow Spray
- Hair Detangler Recipe
- Lavender Bath Salts
- Lavender Linen Spray
- Lavender Peppermint Foot Soak
LAVENDER OIL CAUTIONS
- Possible skin sensitivity.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician.
- Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
TOP ESSENTIAL OILS
If you loved this post all about Lavender Essential Oil and its uses and benefits, you might want to check out the rest of our Top Essential Oils here.
ESSENTIAL OILS SUPPLIES
- Wood Box to hold oils (25 count)
- Essential Oil Diffuser
- EO Roller Balls (Amber Glass with Gold Lids)
- EO Roller Balls (Blue Glass with Gold Lids)
- Miniature Essential Oils Funnels (for small bottles)
- 2 oz Essential Oil Spray Bottles (blue glass)
- 2 oz. Essential Oil Spray Bottles (amber glass)
- 16 oz. Amber Spray Bottles
- Essential Oils Pipettes
- 2 oz Round Essential Oils Jars (with screw lid)
- Fractionated Coconut Oil
Click here to download or view the Lavender Essential Oil Product Information Page.
WHERE TO BUY ESSENTIAL OILS
It can be confusing to know where and what brand of essential oils to buy! After a lot of research and study and going through asking some questions to determine the Best Essential Oils Brands, I made the choice to go with DoTerra Essential Oils. I couldn’t be happier with the quality and the purity of the oils and want to share them with you!
If you want to just buy some oils, you can become a wholesale customer and be able to buy the oils at the wholesale price. Or you can sign up to be a wellness advocate and be a part of my DoTerra Team! We would love to have you! Simply message me here ([email protected]) and we can get you signed up!
- Step 1: CLICK HERE, and fill out the About You section.
- Step 2: Select your wholesale starter kit (US kits).
- Select “Wholesale Customer” or “Wellness Advocate” (can share/sell doTERRA – will get a free website to share with others) and then hit continue.
- Step 3: Add any other items to your order if needed.
- Step 4: Input your contact and shipping info.
- Step 5: Enter in your payment information and then hit “Process Order Now and Continue“
That’s it! Excited to have you on our team!
*The information provided on this website is not intended to diagnose or treat any medical or mental health condition. Please consult your healthcare provider. I share personal ways we enjoy using essential oils.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.