Hosting a fun Halloween Party or a Monster Birthday party for the kids? Make some of these Monster Rice Krispie Treats. They are so easy to make and are a fun way to serve up some tasty dessert to your party guests.
First you need to start with the Best Rice Krispie Treats Recipe. This is the recipe we have been using since I was a kid. The Rice Krispie treats turn out soft and chewy…not so hard and crispy that they tear the roof of your mouth when you try to eat them.
Usually when we make them, we throw a few chocolate chips in at the very end when we stir the Rice Krispie Cereal in after it is almost all mixed together. This melts the chips just a little bit and makes the Rice Krispie Treats even that much better. I left them out for these Monster Rice Krispie Treats, but you could totally add them if you feel the need for some more chocolate in your life.
The BEST Rice Krispie Treats
16 oz. bag (8 cups) of marshmallows
12 oz. box (10 cups) of crispy rice cereal
½ cup butter
- Grease a 9 x13 pan or a large jelly roll pan (for thinner ones) and set aside.
- Melt butter into a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Pour in the marshmallows and stir constantly until they are all melted and smooth and creamy.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the Rice Krispie Cereal.
- Stir until cereal is totally coated with marshmallow mixture.
- Pour into your pan and press down into pan. *Hint–use a clean and slightly wet hand to press down the mixture. This prevents it from sticking to your fingers.
- Let sit so they can cool and harden slightly.
How to Make Monster Rice Krispie Treats:
- Make the Rice Krispie Recipe above. I made them in a 16×20 Jelly Roll Pan so that they thinner and I could make more of them.
- When the tray cools, cut them into rectangles.
- Insert a sucker stick into the bottom of the rectangles (optional).
- Melt some Wilton Candy Melts in different colors of your choice.
- Dip the Rice Krispie Treats into the melted candy or pour the candy over the treats with a spoon.
- Add some Wilton Candy Eyeballs onto the candy coating while it is still wet.
- Let dry on wax or parchment paper until the candy covering hardens.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.