Guess what? I have another version of some sugar scrubs for you today. I LOVE these! And they make the perfect homemade gift. Last week I shared with you a Thanksgiving version…Pumpkin Spice Sugar Scrub Recipe. This time I wanted something that was Christmas in a Jar! So what could be better than a Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub.
Sugar Scrubs are a great way to add some moisture and soften up winter-dry skin. And who doesn’t need that this time of year. It is also a great way to relax during this crazy busy season.
Peppermint Candy Cane Sugar Scrub
2 cups granulated sugar, divided
about ¼ cup almond oil, divided
2 drops red food coloring (or raspberry juice)
8-10 drops doTERRA Peppermint Essential Oil
- Set out two separate bowls and fill each bowl with one cup of sugar.
- Add the almond oil to each bowl so that the sugar is a nice soft consistency but not too wet.
- Stir together the oil and the sugar in each bowl.
- Take one bowl and set it aside.
- Take the other bowl of sugar and add two drops of red food coloring and mix it together.
- Add 8-10 drops of Peppermint Essential Oil to the pink sugar and mix it well.
- Take a clean container and add a layer of pink sugar using a large funnel. A paper funnel works well so the sugar can easily slide into the jar.
- Follow with a layer of white sugar.
- Continue until the layers until the jar is full.
**Should last up to 3 months if kept in a well sealed container and scooped with a clean utensil or hands.
So pretty right?
Print out a pretty label and add some fun scrapbook paper or bow and you have the perfect hostess or Holiday gift!
If you would like to download the FREE printable(s) click on the link below:
*As always, these labels are provided FREE for your own personal use. Please do not sale them on your sites, etsy stores, etc. or share them with friends and family. Send friends and family here to download their own labels. Thank you!
To learn more about Essential Oils or to join my team, click here:
You can buy Peppermint Essential Oils here: Peppermint Essential Oil
Other Idea Room Sugar Scrubs/Bath Salts you might be interested in checking out: