With 5 kids, I am always looking for better snack options that are healthier and tasty. Sometimes we are busy running from everyone’s various activities and practices that is nice to have something the kids can grab on our way out the door. In the warmer months my kids always beg for ice cream or popsicles. These Yogurt Fruit and Granola Popsicles are a great way to enjoy a delicious snack!
Whether you grab one for a quick breakfast on the go, or to enjoy as a leisurely snack on a hot summer day…they are sure to satisfy. They are so easy to make and take just minutes. The hardest part will be waiting for them to be frozen enough to enjoy!
I simply sliced some fresh fruit (frozen works great as well) and placed the fruit inside some popsicle molds. I poured a little bit of our favorite vanilla yogurt into the molds and then layered in some Granola between additional layers of yogurt.
The granola adds a nice texture and a great taste to the Yogurt and Fruit. It’s like a refreshing, fun version of your favorite yogurt parfait sprinkled with your favorite Granola. I like them because they are a great way to satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt of some other snack choices.
We really enjoy granola and use it on a variety of ways. Some of our favorite uses are the following:
1. Eat it for breakfast with some milk.
2. Sprinkle it to top our oatmeal or yogurt.
3. Use it to make a fruit crisp.
4. Sprinkle it on top of bread and/or muffins before baking to create a streusel topping.
5. Mix together our favorite nuts, cranberries, raisins, chocolate chips, shredded coconut and a handful of granola to make a delicious Trail Mix.
6. Use as a coating for baked chicken recipes to get a crispy outer layer.
7. Top your favorite fruit salad or green salad with granola.
8. Roll a banana in it and freeze for a frozen treat.
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you printables, recipes and creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.