Our Delicious Apple Crisp Recipe is a fall favorite recipe with crisp sliced apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and crispy baked oats. Perfect dessert recipe full of flavor that the whole family will love.
BEST APPLE CRISP RECIPE
One of my favorite things about this time of year, is that it is also apple season here in Utah. The different varieties of apples here are so delicious! I can’t ever get enough! We love to eat them with caramel, or put them in oatmeal or baked into some of our favorite desserts. Some of our favorite apple desserts are my Apple Cake, Apple Pie and Apple Nachos.
EASY APPLE CRISP RECIPE
This easy apple crisp recipe literally takes just a few minutes to slice the apples and get the mixture of all the ingredients together before baking it in the oven. My kids love walking in the door from school to the smell of a apple crisp baking in the oven!
HOMEMADE APPLE CRISP
Of course, its always nice to serve it with a generous scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipping cream. I prefer the ice cream because I like the way it gets all melty in the warm apple crisp! The streusel topping is the absolute best!
Apple Crisp Recipe
Our Delicious Apple Crisp Recipe is a fall favorite fall recipe with crisp sliced apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, butter, and crispy baked oats. Perfect dessert recipe the whole family will love.
- 2 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup unsalted butter cold and diced
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Wash and peel the apples, and slice thin.
3. Mix orange juice, white sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Coat apples all over evenly.
4. Arrange apples in a 13 x 9-inch greased baking dish.
5. Combine Oats, Flour, Lt. Brown Sugar and Salt. Sprinkle mix over apples until well coated.
6. Slice the cold butter and place all over the mix and apples.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until crust is slightly brown.
APPLE CAKE VARIATIONS
Guess what? You can use this same crisp recipe and make a few different variations of your favorite fruit crisps. Some of the best substitutions for apples using this apple crisp recipe would be as follows.
Drizzle with caramel sauce to take it up a notch!
APPLE CRISP SUPPLIES
To make your apple crisp baking easier, I have listed some of the materials you may need to make your apple crisp.
- 9×13 Non-Stick Wilton Pan with Cover
- Simply Calphalon 9-Inch by 13-Inch Bakeware Cake Pan
- Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer
- Silicone Spatulas
- Hot Pads
- Wooden Teaspoon Set
- White Mixing Bowl
FOR MORE APPLE RECIPES, BE SURE TO CHECK OUT
- Caramel Apple Gift Kit
- Caramel Apple Recipes
- Apple Cake Recipe
- Pecan Apple Salad
- Apple Recipe Collection
- Caramel Apple Gift Kit
- Apple Recipe
- Apple Nachos
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.