An easy fall salad, this Apple Pecan Salad with delicious apples, crunchy pecans, feta cheese, red onions, berries and a delicious poppy seed dressing is a salad recipe everyone will love!
SPINACH APPLE PECAN SALAD
Fall is here and this is the perfect time to switch up your salads to fall salads and harvest salads. With apples in peak season, this Spinach Apple Pecan Salad is the perfect addition to your main dish. Or simply throw some grilled chicken or shrimp into this salad to make it stand on it’s own as a main dish instead of a side dish!
HARVEST PECAN SALAD VARIATIONS
If you have some other ingredients you want to use, go ahead and switch things up! Salads are so fun because they can be so versatile. Some variations you can use for this salad are the following.
- candied almonds (can make with pecans instead)
- pine nuts
- orange slices
- mandarin oranges
- red onions
- blue cheese
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PECAN SALAD
This salad recipe is really such an easy recipe to make. The ingredients can just be tossed together and then eaten with your favorite salad dressing. The above listed ingredients can be used as substitutions or in addition to the salad ingredients we have in our fall pecan salad recipe. Just make sure to use bright and colorful fresh fruit to make your salad as appetizing for your eyes as it is for your taste buds!
5 MINUTE CANDIED PECANS FOR FALL SALAD
Easy Candied Pecans come together in only five minutes on your stovetop and and use four simple ingredients – pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
They take this salad from delicious to extraordinary, but candied nuts can also be used on yogurt, oatmeal, desserts, and for snacking.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp water, and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. Heat until bubbly and sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup pecan halves. Cook and stir until syrup thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately transfer candied pecans to baking sheet and spread out. They will harden as they cool.
APPLE PECAN SALAD SUPPLIES
There are a few things you can have on hand to make your apple pecan salad super easy to make.
- Salad Dressing Bottles
- Citrus Zester
- Lemon Juicer
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Serving Tongs
- Magic Bullet
- Salad Spinner
- Wooden Teaspoon Set
APPLE PECAN SALAD RECIPE
Apple Pecan Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens spinach
- 1 cup gala apple chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup pecans candied optional
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
In large bowl, toss salad greens, apple, blackberries and pecans.
Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serve with your favorite Poppy Seed Dressing.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Citrus Berry Salad with Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
- Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Cold Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Spring Veggie Pasta Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing Recipe
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.