This Apple Pecan Salad with delicious apples, crunchy pecans, feta cheese, red onions, berries and a delicious poppy seed dressing is a salad recipe everyone will love!
With apples almost in peak season, this Spinach Apple Pecan Salad is the perfect addition to your main dish. You can also simply throw some grilled chicken or shrimp into this salad to make it stand on it’s own as a main dish instead of a side dish! This salad has so much flavor with or without the protein.
APPLE PECAN SALAD
If you have some other ingredients you want to use, go ahead and switch things up! Salads are so fun because they can be so versatile and be filled with so much nutrition. Some variations you can use for this salad are the following.
- candied almonds (can make with pecans instead)
- pine nuts
- orange slices
- mandarin oranges
- red onions
- blue cheese
- honeycrisp or granny smith apples
HOW TO MAKE APPLE PECAN SALAD
This salad recipe is really such an easy recipe to make. The ingredients can just be tossed together in a large salad bowl with your leafy greens, lettuce and romaine lettuce and then eaten with your favorite salad dressing. The above listed ingredients can be used as substitutions or in addition to the salad ingredients we have in our fall pecan salad recipe. Just make sure to use bright and colorful fresh fruit to make your salad as appetizing for your eyes as it is for your taste buds! The textures of the fruit and nuts make this salad extra yummy!
HOW TO MAKE CANDIED PECANS
Easy Candied Pecans come together in only five minutes on your stovetop and and use four simple ingredients – pecans, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt.
They take this salad from delicious to extraordinary, but candied nuts can also be used on yogurt, oatmeal, desserts, and for snacking.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a skillet with medium heat add 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp water, and 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon. Heat until bubbly and sugar dissolves.
- Add 1 cup pecan halves. Cook and stir until syrup thickens, about 2 minutes.
- Immediately transfer candied pecans to baking sheet and spread out. They will harden as they cool.
APPLE PECAN SALAD SUPPLIES
The total time to throw this salad together is very quick but there are a few things you can have on hand to make your apple pecan salad super easy to make.
- Salad Dressing Bottles
- Citrus Zester
- Lemon Juicer
- Salad Bowl
- Salad Serving Tongs
- Magic Bullet
- Salad Spinner
- Wooden Teaspoon Set
APPLE PECAN SALAD RECIPE
Apple Pecan Salad
- 6 cups mixed salad greens spinach
- 1 cup gala apple chopped
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1/2 cup pecans candied optional
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
In large bowl, toss salad greens, apple, blackberries and pecans.
Sprinkle with feta cheese.
Serve with your favorite Poppy Seed Dressing.
OTHER SALAD RECIPES
- Citrus Berry Salad with Orange Vinaigrette Dressing
- Berry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Best Chicken Salad Recipe
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Cold Tortellini Salad Recipe
- Spring Veggie Pasta Salad
- Frog Eye Salad
- Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Buttermilk Ranch Dressing
- Cafe Rio Cilantro Ranch Dressing Recipe
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.