I have never attempted to make Cinnamon and Sugar Almonds, even though I have wanted too on a few different occasions. They are always what tempt me at the State Fair…I swear they set up some sort of ventilation system and pump that delicious cinnamon-y goodness smell all over to coerce you into buying them.
We recently had a little get together with some friends that we needed to bring a small snack for and I finally decided to make them. I was surprised how simple they are too make. These are a recipe that has become a keeper. With just a few minutes and a few ingredients, you can have these delicious treats without the high price tag they charge you at the local fair.
Cinnamon and Sugar Almonds
3 cups whole almonds, raw
1 cup sugar
½ Tbsp. cinnamon
¼ cup water
- In a large skillet combine the sugar, cinnamon and water over medium-high heat until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the almonds and stir constantly with a spoon or spatula, coating the almonds with the syrupy mixture.
- Keep stirring until the sugar crystallizes. Stir continuously. About 8 minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat and scoop the almonds onto wax or parchment paper.
- Break apart almonds if they are in clumps.
- Let the cinnamon almonds cool for a few minutes before serving.
These make a great gift idea! Just in time for a nice Teacher’s gift idea. Make your favorite teacher a big bag or jar of these to snack on after a long day of teaching kids and grading papers. And of course you need a pretty custom label to attach to the gift too!
Want to print out some labels? Simply click on the links below. As always, I provide these free printables for your own personal use only. Please do not resale these or use them to resale in craft fairs or on your ETSY sites.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.