Have you ever made Homemade Toffee? This is probably our family’s very favorite candy recipe. It is so easy to make and looks so fancy. It is a great way to impress friends and family who don’t know how easy it actually can be to make on your own. Today I am sharing with you our Homemade Toffee Recipe so you can make some too.
This toffee also makes a great gift idea for friends, family and neighbors. I don’t know about you, but it would sure brighten my day if a batch of this suddenly appeared on my doorstep :). But, let’s not waste any more time…here is how you make it!
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pecans (for bottom layer)
1 cup butter (salted)
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
3 Tablespoons water
3/4 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped toasted almonds or pecans (for top layer)
- Line a cookie sheet with tinfoil and sprinkle 1/2 cup of toasted almonds in the pan on the foil.
- In heavy saucepan melt butter.
- Add sugar, corn syrup and water.
- Cook and stir over medium heat to 290 degrees using a candy thermometer (soft-crack stage).
- Watch carefully and stir, it can burn easily after 280 degrees.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture over the nuts in the pan immediately.
- Let stand 5 minutes or until firm but still hot.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips and let the stand for 2 – 3 minutes.
- When softened, spread chocolate over mixture.
- Sprinkle the chocolate with nuts. Chill till firm. Break into pieces.
- Store tightly covered. Makes about 1 1/2 pounds.
[sg_popup id=”54677″ event=”inherit”][/sg_popup]
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.