Are you looking for some simple, fun Christmas decor ideas that aren’t going to cost you a fortune? Check out my Christmas Decor. Also sharing where you can get these same items for your home at the bottom of this post.
Every year I think it would be fun to decorate for Christmas in non-traditional colors…and then every year I proceed to decorate with very traditional colors. Haha! There are a lot of different Christmas decor ideas and it’s fun to see how others decorate.
I just love a good pop of red in my fairly neutral home. It just feels so festive to me.
TRADITIONAL CHRISTMAS COLORS
I also love to decorate with a good green with a lot of wood accents and a mixture of tans, cream and white to finish everything off!
I recently painted my kitchen hutch a beautiful deep rich green color (Secret Garden by Sherwin Williams) and am loving how my Christmas dishes and Santa collection look in the cabinet.
I love the simple details…don’t you? These wreaths on the back of my kitchen chairs are one of my favorite Christmas decorations. One nice thing about having older children is that I can finally put out some of these smaller details and know they will stay put!
DECORATE SMALL AREAS
When I decorate I tend to find little spots where I can put together a group of Christmas or Holiday decoration to make a little grouping of similar items. Here are some of my favorites:
I just knew with the kind of year 2020 has been, I wanted to get my Christmas decorations out early so I could enjoy them longer! I just love how peaceful and festive it feels to have a candle burning and twinkle lights on. Makes me forget about all the craziness happening outside.
ADD AN INTERACTIVE ELEMENT
One thing I added this year was this fun little Hot Cocoa Bar. We have a desk in our kitchen that I decided needed to be turned into this fun and festive corner.
I love it. And now it doesn’t collect everyone’s junk like it did before. Do you think it is weird if I leave it up year round? :)
Aren’t the Santa mugs so fun? The kids love them. With the cold and snowy weather hot cocoa is a must at our house!
ADD PERSONALIZED ITEMS
I love to add these little picture ornaments to our Christmas stockings. They are a fun way to personalize your children’s stocking.
DECORATE ROOMS YOU SPEND THE MOST TIME IN
I have a few Christmas decorations downstairs because I love to have them in the room where we like to watch Christmas movies together as a family.
I do also have a very simple Christmas tree in our Master bedroom. Again…twinkle lights! :)
What are your favorite ways to add fun and festivity to your Christmas decor? Are you a traditional decor fan or do you prefer a little more unique color scheme?
WHERE TO FIND FUN CHRISTMAS DECOR?
Want to find any of the products I have in my home for yours? I am sharing the links below!
Let me know if you have any questions about where I found an item if it isn’t listed! I am happy to help!
- Santa Cookie Jar: I love a classic Santa cookie jar. I have a kitchen hutch where I like to display a few different Santa pieces I have. My Santa cookie jar has a prominent spot on display here. I use it mainly for decor rather than actually store cookies in it!
- Green Pillows: I love these pillows and have them on my downstairs couch. They are perfect for year round decor, but extra fun and festive at Christmas time. There are a few different versions I love. There is a green sweater pillow and a white pillow with a green stripe.
- Ceramic White Houses: I have these in several areas in my home. They are great for year round decor on a book shelf or Christmas decor on a mantle or window sill with some wood trees and some white lights.
- Monogrammed Christmas Stockings: I love a simple but classic Christmas stocking. I have always been drawn to white stockings and these monogrammed stockings are stylish and classy hanging from your fireplace mantle.
- Christmas Tree Farm Pillow: This is a fun little addition to your couch or arm chair to add a bit of festive cheer to the corner of a room. Or place it in a basket with a blanket.
- Cookies and Milk Set: I love to display this set on my living room coffee table. It’s a fun little colorful addition to the room….ready and waiting for Santa’s cookies and milk on Christmas Eve.
- White Christmas House (with lights): I love these cute houses. They come in a few different sizes including a church. I think they look great on mantles or on a kitchen table as the centerpiece. They are great to keep as winter decor too when the holidays are over.
- Santa Mug: Love these Santa mugs. They are a lot more inexpensive than the ones at the higher end retailers. I like them because they don’t have a creepy Santa face. Because of the price, I feel comfortable letting my family actually use them (haha) then strictly having them for decor. So they are a fun addition to our hot cocoa bar.
- Fa La Bathroom Rug: I don’t usually decorate the bathroom for Christmas, but this fun bath rug adds a pop of color and festiveness to the guest bathroom on my main floor!
- Merry Pillow Cover: This pillow cover is one of my very favorites pieces of my Holiday decor. It is on the couch in the family room where we spend a lot of time during the holidays.
- Bottle Brush Trees: I love using these bottle brush trees along with my white houses to cover the mantle and on the top of our tv cabinet. Great for a lot of different decor options. I like to keep them up all winter long.
- White Beaded Wood Tree: Like the bottle brush trees, I like to use a variety of wood trees in my decor. Here is another favorite wooden Christma Tree.
- Basket with Pine Branches: I love the simplicity of this pine branch basket. I have it hanging in my laundry/mudroom to pull a little decor into that room. It is the side entrance of our home, so several family members enter my home this way. It adds a nice little touch hanging from the coat hooks.
- Gingerbread House: I love to make Christmas Jars and display them in different areas in my home. I love this gingerbread house and currently have placed it in a glass canister jar (linked below). You can put sugar or Epsom salts in the base of the jar to look like snow.
- Hot Cocoa Sign: Love this hot cocoa sign that I found this year to complete our hot cocoa bar we have on the desk in our kitchen!
- Christmas Lumbar Pillow: I love this farmhouse style Christmas pillow. Currently I have it on the couch, but could place it in several areas in my home. I am always a sucker for a typography sign or throw pillow!
- Glass Canister Jars: (not pictured) Use these jars to fill with Christmas candy, or to make Christmas Jars out of for some fun decor! So many great uses for them and they can be used all year long in your home for food storage, etc.
- Mini Wreaths: I have several of these mini wreaths hanging from the cupboard doors in my kitchen and my office. I have them hanging from a red ribbon. The contrast of the wreaths against the white cupboard background is beautiful!
- Fresh Balsam Wall Scents (Bath and Body): I LOVE the fresh scent of pine trees for Christmas! But because I don’t have a real tree, I love to use these wall scents from Bath and Body. This fresh balsam scent isn’t to perfume-y and has a clean smell that isn’t overpowering! It just smells good!
- Fresh Balsam Candle: I also LOVE this candle. Sometimes it is nice to have a candle for the ambiance. It smells amazing!
- Round Wood Tray: I use this wood tray on my kitchen table. I have a couple white houses (above) and some wood trees in them for a nice table centerpiece. Add green pine boughs for some filler around the houses. Love it!
- Wooden Santa Figurines: I have the large and small Santa figurines on my Christmas mantle. Fun and unique Santas bring a little different vibe to my decor. I love that they don’t have any color on them and bring a nice element into the room.
- 7.5 ft Pine Christmas Tree: We have this tree in our home. I love how real it looks and the style and shape of the tree. Looks great and fills the space in the room well.
- Fairy Lights: I love using these lights all over my home for Christmas decor. I have them on the mantle spread around the base of the trees and hidden in the greenery. They are also on a wooden tray at the base of the houses and trees in the kitchen table centerpiece. I have also used them in a cloche to make a pretty light filled glass jar.
- Galvanized Christmas Buckets (set of 3): These buckets are fun to put some greenery in and put on the front porch or by the fireplace. I have also added lights and some logs to add a little extra fun!
- Letters to Santa Pillow: Love this pillow! So fun for little kids to place their letters to Santa in!
- DIY Oh Holy Night Wood Sign: This is a DIY project I made and shared the tutorial for a couple years ago!
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.