Today I am sharing some of my Favorite Things from 2020. I am excited to be sharing them as part of Melissa from 320 Sycamore Favorite Things Hop. I have participated in this a few times and love seeing what everyone else has to share. You can check out my post from last year’s favorite things if you are interested here. So check out my favorites below and then be sure to check out the others as well which I link to at the bottom of this post!
It’s been a crazy year, but I have been enjoying and using a few things everyday that I wanted to share with you. With the gift giving season upon us, you might find some items here that you want for yourself or to gift to a friend or family member! They can bring a little joy into these uncertain times.
Be sure to check out my IG stories today where I will be showing several of these products and how I use them in my home.
- Eternity Air by Calvin Klein: I love this simple, clean fresh scent. It smells so good and is perfume that isn’t too overpowering. I always get asked what my perfume is when I am wearing it. It is a perfume you could use for everyday because it is so refreshing.
- Leopard Slip-on Vans for Women: These shoes are so much fun. I love how they are casual enough to wear everyday but also fun to add a little spice into your outfit. I don’t wear a ton of animal print…but LOVE it on these shoes! They are on sale right now too!
- 3 Pair of Blue Light Glasses: (Leopard, Black and White) With more time at home, I have been spending more time on the computer helping the kids with home schooling. I have also been doing more online shopping to avoid in person stores. So these glasses have been great for helping with headaches and eye strain from looking at the screen all day. I picked some up for the kids too.
- Silicone Face Scrubber: These face scrubbers are addicting. I love how they lightly exfoliate my skin. My skin has been so much smoother and clear since I have been using them. They make great stocking stuffers too!
- Batwing Cardigan Sweater: I LOVE this sweater. It has a slight bat wing for a fun sleeve and I love how it fits. It covers my rear too so it is great for lounging around in leggings with.
- CRZ Yoga High Waisted Leggings: Since we have been at home more, I am living in these leggings. Love the high waist for good support and they fit great. I even love to run in them!
- Kiss Impress Nails: These nails are perfect for an at home manicure. With the salons closed and trying to steer clear of crowds, these press on fingernails are a great alternative. They look so good and can be shaped and cut to fit your style. I love the matte black, light pink and these sweetheart red nails.
- Zak Insulated Tumbler: This tumbler is so good! It keeps my drinks cold FOREVER. The ice stays in my drink for a full 24 hours or more. The price can not be beat! I think they work better than the Hydro Flasks…which I love too. I have also seen them at Target!
- The Winter Sea by Susanna Kearsley: This book was my favorite read this year. So good I didn’t want to put it down. I was sad when it was finished. If you need a good escape, pick this one up. It was a good, clean read.
- Nordstrom Lingerie Moonlight Pajamas– These pajamas are a very favorite of mine. They are so soft and comfortable. I love that I can work at home in my pajamas if necessary! Right now they have a lot of fun colors to choose from!
- Gold Toggle Paper Clip Necklace: I love a good minimalist necklace. This one is a bit different but still simple. It can easily be dressed up with another necklace layer or worn with a t-shirt for a more casual feel.
- Alure Three Barrel Curling Iron: I love the relaxed, beachy waves you get from this three barrel curing iron. My girls keep stealing it from my bathroom. I should probably pick up another one for them.
- Hoka Clifton Running Shoes: I really love these running shoes. They have them in a few different colors. I had to switch to a Hoka running shoe when I ruptured my plantar plate on my right foot about a 18 months ago. This shoe has a rocker in it that prevents the ball of my foot from bending as I run. It is also has great reviews for people who suffer from plantar fasciitis!
- LE EMILIE Anti Aging Retinol Cream: This cream also contains Vitamin C, Anti-Wrinkle Serum With Vitamin E & Aloe Vera For Sensitive Skin. My skin has looked brighter and clearer since I have been using it for the last couple of months. It is also a great price to compared to other retinol creams.
- Annello Hand Bag: I have this purse in the Camel Beige color. It is the perfect size and is not too large or too small. I had to switch from a large purse to this medium purse because of a little shoulder pain. It has a strap to make it a crossbody bag if you want to use it that way. It is a Japanese company but shipped really quickly.
And because I LOVE decorating for Christmas, I wanted to share some of my favorite holiday decor. I spent last week putting up all of my Christmas decorations to bring a little bit of joy and peace into our home. I figured we could use all that we could get. Here are some of the items I have and use in my own home.
- Santa Cookie Jar: I love a classic Santa cookie jar. I have a kitchen hutch where I like to display a few different Santa pieces I have. My Santa cookie jar has a prominent spot on display here. I use it mainly for decor rather than actually store cookies in it!
- Green Pillows: I love these pillows and have them on my downstairs couch. They are perfect for year round decor, but extra fun and festive at Christmas time. There are a few different versions I love. There is a green sweater pillow and a white pillow with a green stripe.
- Ceramic White Houses: I have these in several areas in my home. They are great for year round decor on a book shelf or Christmas decor on a mantle or window sill with some wood trees and some white lights.
- Monogrammed Christmas Stockings: I love a simple but classic Christmas stocking. I have always been drawn to white stockings and these monogrammed stockings are stylish and classy hanging from your fireplace mantle.
- Christmas Tree Farm Pillow: This is a fun little addition to your couch or arm chair to add a bit of festive cheer to the corner of a room. Or place it in a basket with a blanket.
- Cookies and Milk Set: I love to display this set on my living room coffee table. It’s a fun little colorful addition to the room….ready and waiting for Santa’s cookies and milk on Christmas Eve.
- White Christmas House (with lights): I love these cute houses. They come in a few different sizes including a church. I think they look great on mantles or on a kitchen table as the centerpiece. They are great to keep as winter decor too when the holidays are over.
- Santa Mug: Love these Santa mugs. They are a lot more inexpensive than the ones at the higher end retailers. I like them because they don’t have a creepy Santa face. Because of the price, I feel comfortable letting my family actually use them (haha) then strictly having them for decor. So they are a fun addition to our hot cocoa bar.
- Fa La Bathroom Rug: I don’t usually decorate the bathroom for Christmas, but this fun bath rug adds a pop of color and festiveness to the guest bathroom on my main floor!
- Merry Pillow Cover: This pillow cover is one of my very favorites pieces of my Holiday decor. It is on the couch in the family room where we spend a lot of time during the holidays.
- Bottle Brush Trees: I love using these bottle brush trees along with my white houses to cover the mantle and on the top of our tv cabinet. Great for a lot of different decor options. I like to keep them up all winter long.
- White Beaded Wood Tree: Like the bottle brush trees, I like to use a variety of wood trees in my decor. Here is another favorite wooden Christma Tree.
- Basket with Pine Branches: I love the simplicity of this pine branch basket. I have it hanging in my laundry/mudroom to pull a little decor into that room. It is the side entrance of our home, so several family members enter my home this way. It adds a nice little touch hanging from the coat hooks.
- Gingerbread House: I love to make Christmas Jars and display them in different areas in my home. I love this gingerbread house and currently have placed it in a glass canister jar (linked below). You can put sugar or Epsom salts in the base of the jar to look like snow.
- Hot Cocoa Sign: Love this hot cocoa sign that I found this year to complete our hot cocoa bar we have on the desk in our kitchen!
- Christmas Lumbar Pillow: I love this farmhouse style Christmas pillow. Currently I have it on the couch, but could place it in several areas in my home. I am always a sucker for a typography sign or throw pillow!
- Glass Canister Jars: (not pictured) Use these jars to fill with Christmas candy, or to make Christmas Jars out of for some fun decor! So many great uses for them and they can be used all year long in your home for food storage, etc.
- Mini Wreaths: I have several of these mini wreaths hanging from the cupboard doors in my kitchen and my office. I have them hanging from a red ribbon. The contrast of the wreaths against the white cupboard background is beautiful!
- Fresh Balsam Wall Scents (Bath and Body): I LOVE the fresh scent of pine trees for Christmas! But because I don’t have a real tree, I love to use these wall scents from Bath and Body. This fresh balsam scent isn’t to perfume-y and has a clean smell that isn’t overpowering! It just smells good!
- Fresh Balsam Candle: I also LOVE this candle. Sometimes it is nice to have a candle for the ambiance. It smells amazing!
- Round Wood Tray: I use this wood tray on my kitchen table. I have a couple white houses (above) and some wood trees in them for a nice table centerpiece. Add green pine boughs for some filler around the houses. Love it!
- Wooden Santa Figurines: I have the large and small Santa figurines on my Christmas mantle. Fun and unique Santas bring a little different vibe to my decor. I love that they don’t have any color on them and bring a nice element into the room.
- 7.5 ft Pine Christmas Tree: We have this tree in our home. I love how real it looks and the style and shape of the tree. Looks great and fills the space in the room well.
- Fairy Lights: I love using these lights all over my home for Christmas decor. I have them on the mantle spread around the base of the trees and hidden in the greenery. They are also on a wooden tray at the base of the houses and trees in the kitchen table centerpiece. I have also used them in a cloche to make a pretty light filled glass jar.
- Galvanized Christmas Buckets (set of 3): These buckets are fun to put some greenery in and put on the front porch or by the fireplace. I have also added lights and some logs to add a little extra fun!
FAVORITE THINGS BLOG HOP
Thank you so much for stopping by! I have loved sharing my favorite things and holiday favorites with you! I love being a part of this series with Melissa and these other amazing women.
Be sure to check out these other women who will be sharing their favorites with you today too! We have a great line up for you! Click here to go to Regina at Smiles of Grace, who is the next stop in the series.
Want To Make Your Holiday Planning EASY And ORGANIZED?
Check Out Our CHRISTMAS ESSENTIALS
Thanks to Melissa from 320 Sycamore for putting this all together. Here are all of the other participants who will be sharing today and tomorrow. Be sure to check back for the others!
Tuesday, November 10
- Michelle at 4 Men 1 Lady
- Amy at the Idea Room
- Regina at Smiles of Grace
- Jenny at Evolution of Style
- Tracie at Cleverly Inspired
Wednesday, November 11
- Kami at No Biggie
- Brooke at Brooke Romney Writes
- Carmel at Our Fifth House
- Ashley at the Handmade Home
- Jamie at Jamie Cooks it Up
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.