Earlier I shared with you some simple printable Cookie Bags that make a great gift for your favorite Dads, Grandpas, and the father figures in your life. The cookie bags can also be used as a Thank You or small gift for a lot of other people…just print out the blank one. In the earlier post I shared some pictures with some amazingly delicious Brownie Mint Cookies. Several of you emailed me and left comments about sharing the recipe.
Today I am going to share the recipe with you so that you can make your own Brownie Mint Cookies. You guys are going to LOVE these! This recipe is from a local Cookie and Sandwich Shop and they are one of my family’s favorites. They are sure to be a hit at the family BBQ this summer!
If you like chocolate brownies and mint…you will not be disappointed. Just be sure to have plenty of ice cold milk on hand because you are going to need it!
Brownie Mint Cookie Recipe
- 1 cup butter
- 1 2/3 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/3 cups cake flour (or all purpose)
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 to 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
- green food coloring
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4-5 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients and mix.
- Cookies can be rolled out and cut out with circle cookie cutter or dropped and placed onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Cookies are done when the top is slightly cracked and no longer looks wet.
- For Brownies double the recipe and then spread into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 22-24 minutes.
- For Mint Frosting mix the butter and powdered sugar. Add only enough milk to make a smooth consistency, Start with 1 Tablespoon and add till good texture. Add mint extract and enough food coloring for a light green color. The frosting should be thick, not runny.
- Beat softened butter, cocoa, and powdered sugar together until smooth. Add the vanilla and a splash of milk (just enough to make a good spreading consistency) and blend well.
- Assembly: Spread the cooled cookies with about 1 tablespoon of the mint frosting. Allow to set up for 10 -20 minutes to make spreading chocolate frosting easier. Top the mint frosting with the chocolate frosting.
If you want the Brownie Mint Cookies to be round like the ones pictured you can roll out the cookie dough and cut out cookies in a circle shape with a circle cookie cutter. Or…you can make them into traditional Brownies by doubling the recipe and then spreading the dough into a greased 9×13 pan. You will just need to increase the baking time to 22-24 minutes. You can also just drop the cookie dough into round balls on the cookie sheet if you are pressed for time.
No matter what way you make them…you are sure to enjoy them! Are you a fan of mint and chocolate?
Would you like more recipes, printables, DIY/Decor, and organization ideas?
Sign up for updates and get a free copy or our Sugar Scrubs eBook!