Summer is almost here at our house and that means we are always looking for something fun to do as a family with the kids! This Dish Soap Silly Putty Recipe is an easy two ingredient recipe that is so simple to make, the kids can make it all by themselves!
It will be sure to entertain the kids (and adults) for a while. I love the smooth and squishy texture of it. It is hard to resist squishing it between your fingers.
If you use a colored dish soap you can get some fun colored pieces of silly putty. Or…add a tiny drop of food coloring to get it a fun and bright color! I also love how great this silly putty smells. It also keeps your hands and surfaces clean. When you wash up, the dish soap helps to clean up the playing surface and your children’s hands!
Dish Soap Silly Putty
⅓ cup cornstarch
¼ cup dish soap
- Place the cornstarch in a bowl.
- Slowly add the dish soap to the corn starch.
- Mix together with a spoon so that it is mixed well.
- Humidity and the water amount in your soap may affect the outcome. If the silly putty is too wet…add more cornstarch. If it is too runny add a little more cornstarch add more dish soap until you have a good consistency.
- Use your hands to knead the silly putty until it is nice and smooth.
- The silly putty will be part liquid and part solid. If left sitting, it will run into a small puddle, but thickens when you are playing with it.
- Store in an airtight baggie or container and it should last a few days or more.
- Wash hands after playing with the silly putty.
Want to download the printable labels? Sign up to gain access to our exclusive printables for Idea Room Members here:
Want to learn how to make Oobleck? Check out this simple tutorial here: https://www.skiptomylou.org/oh-the-places-you-will-go/