Ready to make some DIY Pillows? Check out our simple Halloween Pillows! Sharing the iron on pillow templates and how to make them!
One of my favorite things to make are pillows and pillow covers. They are so easy and inexpensive to make and change instantly give your room a new look! I also love how easy they make it to decorate for the holidays! And with the holiday season quickly approaching, I thought I would share with you some Halloween Pillows so that you can make some too!
Today I am sharing how to make this Halloween Pillow, but you can check out the other Holiday Pillows I have made if you are interested. I have shared how I make a basic pillow cover with my How To Sew an 18 Inch Pillow Cover Tutorial. You can use that tutorial to make a pillow cover in any color or fabric and then use that pillow to create a pillow with iron on material or fabric paint!
- Trick or Treat Pillow
- Candy Corn Pillow
- Love Definition Pillow
- I Love You a Bushel & a Peck Pillow
- Christmas Reindeer Pillow
- Believe Pillow
- Tooth Fairy Pillow (pattern from Idea Room Store)
HALLOWEEN THROW PILLOWS
I love a good pun don’t you? Puns can be especially fun to use for decorations around your home during the holidays! Then all you have to do it toss Halloween Throw Pillow on your couch or a chair and you have already brought a little holiday fun and decor into your home.
This Halloween throw pillow also takes just a few minutes to create with your Cricut machine and some Cricut Iron-On Material. I always buy extra so I have it on hand when I want to create something quick and fun for use in my home or as a small little gift idea for a friend!
HOW TO MAKE IRON ON PILLOW
- Design your cut file in Cricut Design Space, or use a pre-designed cut file and then make sure it is the size you need to fit on your material.
- Click on the green box “Make It Now” (above) to use my cut file that I am sharing with you for this Halloween Pillow.
- Turn on the Mirror function. (You always need to do this for iron-on material).
- Choose iron vinyl as your material.
- Cut a piece of your Iron On Material to fit your design and place it onto a light grip cutting mat so that the shiny side of the material is facing down on the mat.
- Cut your project on your Cricut Machine. I used the Cricut Maker.
- Remove the project from the mat and then weed out the excess iron on material with a cricut tool.
- Measure so that your iron on is centered and where you want it on your garment.
- Use the EasyPress or an Iron to iron on your vinyl. (See below for specifics on how to use the EasyPress and/or EasyPress 2).
- Peel off the plastic coating with either a warm peel or cold peel depending on the fabric and type of iron on material you are using!
The pillow making ideas are really limitless! If you want something you can make it in the style and color of your choice. I love the ability the Cricut gives me to create items for my home that are my own style and truly one of a kind! I also quickly created the October 31 Halloween sign…so stay tuned for when I share the template for that one. It can be made into a sign, hand towel or even a Halloween Throw Pillow!
I made the pillow with the help of this Cricut EasyPress 2. It makes ironing on text and images so easy. No more trouble with iron on not sticking or peeling off! The Cricut EasyPress makes you feel like you have a professional press on hand and gives you professional looking results!
The Cricut Easypress combines the speed of a heat press with the convenience of an iron. You get professional iron-on results in 60 seconds or less. The Cricut Easypress has an evenly heated plate, unlike your household iron, and simple controls that make iron ons easy! The high and even heat creates beautiful Iron On projects that last without the iron on material pulling away from the surface material.
● Easy to learn, simple to use
● No press cloth needed for most base materials
● Adjustable heat up to 400℉
● Intricate transfers stick after repeated washes
● 9″x 9″ Base is great for large or layered iron-on projects
● Lightweight, portable, easy to store
● Compatible with major brand of heat-transfer material
CRICUT EASYPRESS 2
With the Cricut Easypress 2 you get all of the same great features as the Easypress but it comes in three different and unique sizes to suit the specific project you are working on. The Cricut Easypress 2 comes in a beautiful raspberry color (yay!) in the following different sizes:
EASYPRESS 2 SIZES
- 6 x 7 inches
- 9 x 9 inches
- 12 x 10 inches
HOW TO USE CRICUT EASYPRESS 2
- Plug in the EasyPress and set the temperature to the specific heat setting, which is determined by the type of material you are using (see the charts below), and let it heat up.
- Preheat the material where you will be applying the vinyl for the amount of time determined with the EasyPress. Our Pre-Press time was 5 seconds. Remove the Easypress.
- Set the timer to 30 seconds. This is the amount of time you will be pressing on the iron on material to your fabric.
- Place the vinyl on your material where you want it.
- Hold the EasyPress with a medium pressure on the vinyl for 30 seconds on the front of the material.
- Turn the material over and hold the EasyPress on the back of the material for 15 seconds with a medium pressure.
- Remove the EasyPress and let the vinyl cool if you have a “cool peel” recommendation. If you have a warm peel, then you can peel the vinyl backing off the project when the vinyl is still warm.
- Carefully peel away the plastic backing.
- Cricut Maker
- Easypress 2
- Cricut EasyPress Mat
- Cricut Iron On
- Cricut Tools
- Cricut Cutting Mat
Interested in some of our other Halloween Projects? Check these out!
Halloween DIY Projects
- Trick or Treat Pillow
- Halloween Potions Book Cover Printable
- Halloween Spells Book Cover Printable
- Something Wicked This Way Comes Printable
- Halloween Gift Tags
- Halloween Drink Labels
- Halloween Sign Salem Broom Company
- DIY Halloween Ghosts
- Halloween Hand Sanitizer Labels
- Halloween Eyeballs Treat
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.