Learn how to make a gift box with our easy to follow gift box instructions! Great for gift giving for friends and family!
I am excited to share with you an amazing and exclusive deal happening TODAY, July 11, 2018 with HSN and Cricut! The Cricut Knife Blade Bundle (detailed below), and the Scoring Wheel Bundle (detailed), which will be exclusively available through HSN, and featured on-air on HSN! So if you have been looking to pick up these two items for your Cricut Maker, or thinking about buying a Cricut Maker, this would be a great time to do so! HSN is featuring great deals all DAY TODAY!
I shared some adorable DIY Coasters on Monday that I made with the Cricut Maker and the Cricut Knife Blade! You can check those out here. Today I want to share with you how to make a gift box like the one I used for the homemade coasters! It is so easy and takes just a few minutes to make using the Cricut Maker Scoring Wheel which is one of the great deals HSN is featuring!
HOW TO MAKE A GIFT BOX
I chose to make the gift box out of clear acetate instead of paper, but if you want to make a gift box, you can use this exact same cutting pattern and simply change the material you want to cut in the Cricut Maker’s selection menu.
Gift Box Materials
I used the following items to make my small gift box. You can make a paper gift box or even a cardboard gift box!
HOW TO MAKE A PAPER GIFT BOX
- Log into Cricut Design Space and access my DIY Gift Box here.
- If you want to change the design in any way, you can make changes to the design by selecting edit or you can create it just the way it is. This gift box will hold something that is 1 inch in thickness and 4 inches in width…if you don’t make any changes to my design.
- Follow the directions and cut out the materials for the project.
- If you are using a material other than the clear acetate, you will need to adjust the selection menu and choose the correct material to cut.
- Add the material to your proper cutting mat.
- You will need to insert the correct scoring wheel in your Cricut Maker and then score your project.
- Then remove the scoring wheel and add the fine point blade or the knife blade depending on what you are making the box out of. The clear acetate uses the fine blade.
- Then remove your cut box from the cutting mat and fold it where it has been scored. The scoring wheel does an amazing job and so folding the material is so easy!
- Fold the acetate into a gift box.
- Add your gift and embellish with a little gift card and some baker’s twine.
- If you want to cut the little fruit gift tag I created, you can grab that here.
CRICUT MAKER SCORING WHEEL
Scoring wheels with superior creasing performance for folds on thin or thick materials
- Perfect, effortless folds – extra-deep, clear scores
- Professional-grade scoring – Proprietary wheel design for smooth, clean lines. Up to 10X pressure vs scoring stylus
- More project possibilities – Adaptive pressure-based on material. Double Scoring Wheel for smooth folds on thicker and coated materials
- Quick tool changes – QuickSwap™ Drive Housing for easy changes between scoring and double scoring tips
Scoring Wheel materials bundle:
- Cricut Pastel Glitter Cardstock 12×12, 10 sheets
- Cricut Acetate Clear 12×12, 6 sheets
- Cricut Pastel Poster Board 12×12, 10 sheets
- Cricut Pink & White Foil Embossed Paper 12×12, 12 sheets
- Cricut LightGrip 12×12 Cutting Mat
Interested in seeing some fo the other Cricut Projects I have shared? Check these out!
- Kitchen Hand Towel
- Pumpkin Wood Sign
- Thankful Wood Sign
- Kitchen Wood Sign
- Toothfairy Monster Pillow
- Constellation Lacing Cards
- Summer Tote Bag
- We’ve Moved Cards
- Animal Bookmarks
Be sure to check out The Cricut Knife Blade Bundle (detailed below), and the Scoring Wheel Bundle (detailed), which will be exclusively available through HSN, and featured on-air on HSN TODAY July 11, 2018! You won’t want to miss it! You can also follow along with the HSN on their social channels listed below!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Cricut. The opinions and text are all mine.
JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER
Would you like more Recipes, DIY, Printables and Organization Ideas?
Subscribing to the newsletter will enable us to periodically send you creative content exclusively for Idea Room subscribers.